got ethical husbandry?

Seminolecpa's 180G upgrade

The caffeine in it kills me :( Now Darvocet you'd be talking my lingo ;)

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=5363.msg73671#msg73671 date=1231554040]
I'm showing up with a beer in my hand and a Fentinoyl patch on my neck, I'll be fine...... Although a Darvocet might take the edge off.
[/quote]

Ha... Beer and Darvocet :)

Edge, what edge.... ahhhhhh :)

Sorry, back to back breaking tank moving again :)

Did you get any suction cups? I've found those hard on my wrists the few times I had to use them on huge tanks. I just want gecko gloves(tm).. OK so I made those up, but I do want them!

Beer of course will be provided. I have my own stash of vicodin and codine I may have to tap into.

BTW I just redid the measurements. the space above the railing is 57" wide x 37" tall and the door opening is 34" wide. the tank itself is 60" long x 24" deep (plus say another 4" for the overflows) and 28" tall. So it should fit in fine.

San Mateo Rentals says they have 4 suction cups that I can rent so I think I should be set from that standpoint too

I just checked you tank out tonight. Chris did a nice job on the stand/canopy.

One thing to remember is that the tank kind of requires two people per end holding on the sides. I had some very strong guys with me last time and none could handle an end on their own and two side by side is pretty tight :( Just trying to give you all the details prior to it goes flawless for you :D

Long day today. Broke down the old tank and transferred all of the corals to the temp tank.

tankmove1.jpg

tankmove2.jpg

tankmove3.jpg

tankmove4.jpg

Also picked up the tank, hood and stand from Max's. Here is a brief preview of the plumbing

tankmove5.jpg

Will be wiring the hood tonight and then on to tomorrow for the move into the house.

Dang, I haven't been on for a while but nice Bryan.
Man if I knew earlier I would no doubt offer and be there to help out. But have to go kidie/family parties. LMK when its up and running, would love to see this.

Heck with that. I have some projects for you don't you worry.

Man who the heck designed those retrofit T-5 kits? Finally finished with wiring the hood at friggin 2 am. I sure am glad I took Monday off as I am gonna need the rest.

Decided at lease for now to attach the ballasts to the back of the hood. Didn't have much choice with the T-5's as the wiring harness they sent were really short.

Are all the OF's connected together? If so I am really surprised Max would do that,REALLY surprised!

I just looked again and it sure looks like it's all connected together and going out one pipe. I would cut that right in the middle and ad a vent. I fear major gurgle out of that current set-up *if* it's plumbed like I said. :-

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5363.msg75239#msg75239 date=1232213139]
Are all the OF's connected together? If so I am really surprised Max would do that,REALLY surprised!

I just looked again and it sure looks like it's all connected together and going out one pipe. I would cut that right in the middle and ad a vent. I fear major gurgle out of that current set-up *if* it's plumbed like I said. :-
[/quote]

What is a gurgle? I used to connect two OF pipe together to one pipe and didn't have any problem but it was a much smaller tank. Just want to learn more since I don't have have much experience setting up big tank :)..

Back