Neptune Aquatics

Seminolecpa's 180G upgrade

Well if you get the Blue+ bulbs they have fairly high output and can be used as stand alone bulbs, I run 2 blue+ and two UVL super actinic, and they're on by themselves longer than the metal halides and I'm getting great colors and growth it seems... of course there are 100s of other factors that could have happened as well.

Start thinking about how long you want your halides on... do you want to go the route of "most the day its bright" or "the sun is only really bright for a little bit" that should help you decide on the T5s

This is just looks more than anything but personally when my mhs are one without the atinics the tank is just too bright white and dont like the look at all. I run my atinics starting 2 hours before and leave them on 2 hours after, the color of the tank itself is really nice with the mh and atincs together. The 400w mh in my tank is probably to blame, not sure if 250 and less as bright so take into consideration what you want to look at too.

That is pretty much the pattern I runs now on the 72.

2pm Actinics on
2:30pm 250W MH L on
3:30pm 250W MH R on
8:30pm 250W MH L off
9:30pm 250W MH R off
10:00pm Actinics off
10:00pm moonlights on
9:00am moonlights off

Probably would run something similar with the 400W. Hmm maybe I will go with 2 T-5's to start and see how that looks and perhaps up it to 4 later.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=5363.msg67244#msg67244 date=1228456120]
Erin,

You are on for one for sure. I acually have that one available whenever you want. The other two are in use.
[/quote]

Cool. Can I pay you and pick it up at the meeting next week?

mmmmm nice clean rocks. Now all I need is to cure them to be ready for the big day. Here is a pic of some of the larger ones. Thanks to Matt (Dyngoe) for the hookup.

Picture003.jpg

Also got in my T-5's and ordered the acrylic bottom (went with black) from the cuttting board company.

sweet, I will be down on Friday. Here are the in progress pics from the meeting on Sat. they don't do the craftsmanship justice. Chris is doing an awesome job. Charles and I decided it would be best to let him beat us at foosball so he would continue to do so ;)

IMG00028-20081213-1234.jpg

IMG00029-20081213-1234.jpg

Bryan,

Are you going to post pics of a before and after shot of how much reinforcement will be needed for the flooring? I don't see much photo's of before and after for reinforcement, thought I'd ask since it has been worked on yet. Thanks. Tagging along to see your adventure unfold =)

I honestly don't need to do much floor reinforcement. Had a very reliable contractor take a look at the floor and it will only take a minor tweak to make it rock solid. the people that built the addition to my house (though failing to permit it) did a very solid job.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=5363.msg70517#msg70517 date=1229651691]
I honestly don't need to do much floor reinforcement. Had a very reliable contractor take a look at the floor and it will only take a minor tweak to make it rock solid. the people that built the addition to my house (though failing to permit it) did a very solid job.
[/quote]

Thats good to hear! I just wanted to see what has to be done when a floor can't support such weight. Luckly, my tank sits on one of the floor beams. I should have atleast taken pictures of the piping under the house to the garage. About two weeks ago I went back under the house to insulate the pipes just for safety matters. I forgot how much a pain in the butt it is to insulat two 22 feet long pipes. =)

Yep same people. I get the impression that the husband had some very good skills and/or knew the right people. Heck you can definately see that in all of the intricate brick work that is friggin everywhere including the mystery thing by the BBQ with the spighot.

Yup, that sounds similar to my grandfather (ironically also italian) absolute craftsman with his hand, could build just about anything.... however his electrical skills were less than desired, and it's strange because other houses in the family from Italian men from different sides of the family (i.e. not blood related) ended up being the same way, beautiful hand crafted work... but electrical nightmares inside! :D

Not being racist or countiyist but Italians have always been famous for their brick-laying and architecture skills. I work on Mare Island and 80% of this places great homes and buildings were built by Italians

Some updated shots of the stand and canopy in progress. The hinge is only temporary and will be replaced by a 4' piano hinge. Some shocks will be installed (similar to what you see in trunks of car) to make the lift of the hood assisted.

IMG00034-20081219-1439.jpg

IMG00041-20081219-1442.jpg

IMG00035-20081219-1440.jpg

IMG00038-20081219-1440.jpg

IMG00037-20081219-1440.jpg

IMG00036-20081219-1440.jpg

Sneak peak of the doors. The stand and the hood will have 4 matching doors each

IMG00040-20081219-1441.jpg

looking good! I do however have concerns with the thermal issues from the light isolation. What was the motivation to isolate the hood into two sections?

Back