Our mission

Sicce SDC pump experience?

Thanks. I am tempted to get one for backup. Currently running Varios (no problem so far).
Anyone can educate me on all the different Jebao series (DCQ, DCP, DCT, MDP)?

Don;t intent to hijack this thread. I can start a new thread.
Oldest is the DCT model from 2014, DCS model is from 2016, DCP model came out around 2017 and incorporated sine wave technology. (I have this one since 2017)
DCQ model is red in color came out in 2018, but does not have sine wave technology.

MDP is their newest model (2021) with new purple and white coloring and a new controller with wifi capabilities... 2.4ghz only

I am super sensitive when it comes to noise. I have this pump (and a spare backup in case it fails) and I do not believe it makes any noise.

IMG_1417.jpeg

I have a similarly sized Sicce and Varios return pumps in my tank. The Varios was dead silent out of the box whereas the Sicce emitted an annoying low hum that I could hear from the room next door (I have very sensitive hearing). I also have a RedSea skimmer which also uses a Sicce pump. That is the single loudest piece of equipment in my sump. Needless to say I am avoiding Sicce pumps going forward. It has been six months now and the Sicce pumps run noticeably quieter than they did out of the box likely due to me getting used to the noise a bit and build-up of slime layer on the pump parts.

Back