Reef nutrition

Some of my euphilias are desintegrating

OK so I have an update. I dipped all the euphilias 2 days ago in Revive. When I tried to dip a coral in iodide I saw something moving on the coral and From what I can tell they are flatworms.
I did get some Cipro from @FullerReef but once I saw these I decided to dip not sure if I should have do the Cipro if is not bacterial infection for euphilia.
I will try to dip 3 times all my euphilias. Really sand I hope I won't lose my entire octospawm.
The tources did not get any flatworms on them from what I saw after the dip. Only hammers and Octospawm had some.

IMG_7318.jpg

OK so I have an update. I dipped all the euphilias 2 days ago in Revive. When I tried to dip a coral in iodide I saw something moving on the coral and From what I can tell they are flatworms.
I did get some Cipro from @FullerReef but once I saw these I decided to dip not sure if I should have do the Cipro if is not bacterial infection for euphilia.
I will try to dip 3 times all my euphilias. Really sand I hope I won't lose my entire octospawm.
The tources did not get any flatworms on them from what I saw after the dip. Only hammers and Octospawm had some.

View attachment 46814
Interesting. Hope the dips work and that’s all that was wrong. I can’t tell by looking if they are coral pests or just regular mostly harmless planaria

Ok here is a video with the flatworms. The interesting thing is that I saw a group of flatworms to the hammer head that ware losing flesh. That is why I think this is the issue.
I am wondering how it will be later on. I think I will lose my pink Octospawm...
Is not good to go in 10 days vacation...

Do you have any fish for pest control like wrasse? Sorry to see them buggers Alexx best of luck. Plus the flatworms may trigger a secondary necrosis issue from them taking bites leaving open flesh

You’d be fine at 250mg for every 10 gallons. Wouldn’t sweat being so accurate on the low dose. I’ve done whole tank treatment a number of times at this dosage. Be sure to do this for multiple days (at least 5 if you’re going to go this route).
I agree. I've done 2 to 3 times the recommended dose, daily for 5 days and it seemed to stop the problem. There were no known side effects.

Did any come off in the dip? Its hard to tell what anything is in your video and pics. The small brown spots look like baby polyps forming. The bigger thing looks more like part of the large polyp. Flatworms should pretty readily fall off in a dip.

The worms look similar to the ones I've been seeing on mine. They kinda hold on well with Revive, but really come off with Reef Primer. The fimbriaphyllia and euphyllia seem to get less irritated and stressed with the reef primer dip compared to the iodine and tree oil based ones I've used in the past.

OK yesterday I did a Revive dip to all my euphilias again and did not really see any flatworms on them. I will do 1 more dip to all the hammers in 2 days.
I did not really lose any new heads, but I did see a wall hammer losing a few tips, and I did a cipro dip after I did the revive dip. Is looking puffy and no issue so far. I will monitor everything.

I am not sure if I lose any more heads or not but this is what I can tell:
1) The flatworms that you guys saw visible were in 2 different tanks but they are connected, because they share the sump and the return pump water is pumping in bothe tanks.
2) After I dipped did not really lose any more heads except the ones they were started to lose tentacle already.
3) Where the flash was getting expelled there was a higher concentration of flatworms. Did not really see that many on the healthy hammers. (not sure if they ware attracted to that or they caused it)
4) Did not see any flatworms on my torches.
5) I am running a smaller skimmer cuz the main pump on my big skimmer failed.
6) I am also feeding the corlas with Reef roids, Reef Chilly and gonipower every 3 days and do AB+ every 2 days.

I am planning to do an ICP test but traying to figure out what are the best nowadays.

OK so it seems like my dipping is not helping that much. I don't think the flatworms are the issue. The last dip did not really see flatworms and Now I got more euphilia losing flesh. Does anybody have any tips in what to do next? Should I just dose Cipro on my entire tank I got 2 1/2 pills of Cipro 250 mg. I am kinda desperate. I see my indo gold torch start developing the infection and 2 wall hammers already started to lose part of the flesh.
Here are 2 new videos:

Didn’t you participate in the frag swap group buy and pull a hammer? How is that one doing?
It was good then I see started to lose flesh like 4 day's ago. Then I dip twice in cipro and iodide for next 2 days. Now gotta see how is looking today. I bought and ATI Test kit.
The problem is that I am not sure how much cipro to use exactly I just shave some and mix it with tank water then let the hammer sit. But I think I might need to do the entire tank I think I have it in my system because is randomly on different euphilia corals that are not close to eachother.

Back