Jestersix

Spongebob's RSR 350 journey

Finally I have some time to sit down to post my tank journal. :) I have some experience with a 40g saltwater fish only tank 20 yrs ago, I have done many research before setting this up and in hope to get things right.

Tank: Red Sea Reefer 350 with black stand
Sump: Red Sea
Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7
ATO: Comes with the tank
Light: Orphek OCR3 120 Reef Day light and Blue Plus light bars (may need to add additional ones if needed)
Reactors: Aquamaxx Reactors for Carbon and Marco Algae (with diy led light strip)
Pump: Jebao wavemaker, Jebao return pump
Controller/Automation: Raspberry pi - Reef pi (Timer, Temperature, ATO)
RO Units: BRS 100 Gallon per day
Rock: 60-70 lbs dry rocks
Fishes: 2 clown, 3 Pajama

Here is how my journey starts:

Bought a used reefer 350 and perform a leak test in the garage to ensure no leak. :) It was heavy.
PKqNJb4wH6NVQxdjzNAnR-lxLy9Jrt4bX_a7UCaJNzBC6_Vk5To3G9ZAJvaI583Rc7iph-n10kekD6AnTYwSyaW8xHOqQbFsNz-R4ZT8o54-2360Le2YV0vKe1fBxIESsqUvSXV0

The previous owner had drilled many holes inside the cabinets to hang the PVC pipes. The manifolds have been installed but not something I like, so I removed them all and altered it a bit.
rTuUQgvxKD2GGM0QGTnndvFKYjnpp6e0M4hwDwihqkvrttqCekzF0_n66R4ap_GujmDHniBDysW71Ra8K5TSx5vY3WlRqBqdkz0vN-PV_8E-5zpeEXFfBneCYwlt7YXMAF230lIu

Playing with the aquascape and glue them with coralife epoxy, I am in hope to have something to allow the fishes to hide, but I can still see them.

-fJN6uZBEr8ZzRalcsUTKQsFiSyjhjUki1ggqhAppG5iona_tnObs2eBihp5kkj-drNCPTOu0Bj3cfGNElIpWAGIu6hlXLtws1vWRUjkM9_hVGB1f1X2nQvO_HoWumh8jWQ_Kz2S

Add the clamps to set them in place =)
U8UnRyiWvyDv69PIw5cRZyJRiFffVMApOIkYjHTYVzhTkE1VdE41HZ6-8FpPjmIluwEvrJCnR4NO5MpmfMEIzg7C3oXWcuvpUT13RyqPNXnaicMSnB0FpFTIpCMcVV0JADagaq3x

\
x2H86ZTBgAHp2jqQa4TL_pFn0YbhpvZ4M6FolzSoqhFKXawLGD5SgClO-aBQOnMShwWvayCXW-cbKFmZ1MO3emoRT7cWbsaqScQU0TB4aPhYuf8JUOijQiRlpFR6OgYXIew1L8KP

Get the RO water and the rock ready to setup the tank. Moving water is no fun, I need to pay some respects to the engineers/experts who design dams.
ZAMchdhIzJESsNFVtPEhKmNDirUY44yvks08NTsXZ2-5VTx5qa11mlKaOyD8-aG3_U8Mo12bowoWty1_rFdrcP3d7xY4_1amfIXXoh07H0uT0cRG6V5L7na6K8848bLMVzFsDjG3

Y6Htvq5mrVjJA0GazB3Q13SvjaBNBX8FUPLcNfVYh8c-U7XMCfO62j6BWW36d_dzqsdhSi01eTubJ6YQovYNzoMKfeUyy6M5xCSJgPZpwaOQeX-P_VsQWfFuozvrFv-S-6_cTKYx

\
20201027_152029.jpg

20201101_153501.jpg

Organizing all the wires and add a piece of wood with magnets:) to hide all the wires.
26LO4ItyBe3I5YJpbP_tT1ErfZ18fL7djYmR6-TrgAWWDxuowa3G5cEOEpPEgKOz7XWuy887sCn-crVsYon0TazWawdg_UlCtClgMoWUYtENvETtANHgSYHaFaZCx32uoV5SMcUC

Looks good! I’ve got the same tank, I think you’ve got a great rock scale there to watch the fish swim around it. Wish I had paid as much attention to the plumbing and sump setup when I first set up my tank, it’s a lot harder to do once it’s up and running!

I’m interested to see how an all led bar setup looks. I have 470nm blue bars to add pop to my tank and really like the light distribution from them

I’m interested to see how an all led bar setup looks. I have 470nm blue bars to add pop to my tank and really like the light distribution from them

I love the color and light distribution as well. I am unsure what is the PAR measure in the tank. I am hanging it 7-8inch above top level of water.

I love the color and light distribution as well. I am unsure what is the PAR measure in the tank. I am hanging it 7-8inch above top level of water.
Sign up now to borrow one of the par meters. You won’t be eligible until 2 months of supporting membership, but if you sign up now you’ll be at the top of the list when it’s time.

HI guys, I am sad to exit this hobby and want to say thank you to all of you. You guys have been wonderful and given me a lot of useful tips. Due to my work and taking care of my family. This is a very challenging time. I have limited time to take care of the tank, I would like to sell the whole setup and I will include everything from the below plus additional accessories / items that I have like water buckets, bucket of reef salt, fish food, carbon, kalkwasser, test kits, chemical... etc. Currently, I have some hair algae and dino? or cyano? issue inside the tank. I have some DBTC corals in it and I am unsure if the originators want them back. Some of them are not in very good shape since I have tried blackout and DinoX to address the dino issue. Please let me know if you want the frag back, and they are as followed :
Calfo Pulsing Sinularia @Alexx
Green Star Palys @max_nano
Armor of God Zoas @Srt4eric
Yellow cloves @Oliver
Kryptonite candy cane @Coral reefer
Purple and Green Hairy Mushrooms @georgec
Yellow Zoas @BleepBloopMunchMunch

Tank: Red Sea Reefer 350 with black stand (The back glass has been replaced with thicker one) No leak for me.
Sump: Red Sea (original sump with filter cups)
Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7 with pump
ATO: Comes with the tank is included.
Light: Orphek OCR3 120 Reef Day light and Blue Plus light bars (only use for 6 months, i still have the original boxes)
Reactors: 1 x Aquamaxx Reactors for Marco Algae (with diy led light strip)
Reactor: 1 x Aquamaxx Bio Pellets Reactor
Reactor: 1 x Aquamaxx Reactors for Carbon
Pump: Jebao CP150 wavemaker with controller (strong)
Return pump: Jebao DC8000 return pump with controller
RO Units: BRS 100 Gallon per day 6 months old
Rock: 60~70 lbs reef rocks

I am looking for $1000 for everything excludes the DBTC corals in case the originators want them back. Thanks and happy reefing!

20210329_185148.jpg
20210329_205711.jpg

20210329_205720.jpg

Back