High Tide Aquatics

SPS question

Hey everyone,
I'm new here. Anyways, I have a couple small SPS frags that I'm working on growing... They seem to be growing and coloring up nicely, however i've noticed that the polyps will come out for a while and then when i look again later in the day, they will have closed back up. I have a 100 gallon tank, and I noticed that the Moorish Idol like to pick at the LPS I had in the tank before I sold those pieces. I don't believe he is picking at the SPS because he doesnt seem interested.
All of the levels are perfect, calcium is a little high...

Any suggestions or input... Thanks again everyone...

-Darren

A little more background info would help, other fish, parameters and how you're checking them, lighting, circulation etc. Details count :)

Gotcha,
In my tank i have a moorish idol, 2 blennys, 2 small tank raised clowns, coral beauty, six line wrasse, flame angel, an arabian psuedochromis, and a sand sifting star. I am running Metal Halides, I have 2 returns and 3 powerheads. The flow is good, perfect for Gonipora which is thriving and is on the same height level near the SPS which is near the top of the tank. Circulation is good.

I had a flame that was really well behaved and never touched anything- but that may have been because he jumped out and was all dried up behind the tank...Found him When I moved the tank. Often wondered why he was so shy.

I know it's not the coral beauty for sure because he's been in my tank with the sps for a while with no issues. The flame angel is the newer of the two and it started when i put all of the new fish in the tank... So it couldn't be any of the other fish??? If thats the case I'll ditch the flame angel..

Some time ago when I had a FOWLR I had both a flame and coral beauty. :D The flame nipped on everything. Never really saw the coral beauty nip. I ended up removing both of them. I miss them but would rather have corals.

fluffy110 said:
I know it's not the coral beauty for sure because he's been in my tank with the sps for a while with no issues. The flame angel is the newer of the two and it started when i put all of the new fish in the tank... So it couldn't be any of the other fish??? If thats the case I'll ditch the flame angel..

That doesn't mean discount it... they can turn on corals in minutes after years of being well behaved.

Back