Reef nutrition

Squist's RSR 250

So meticulous, and looking great! How did you determine your chaetogro dosage?
Thanks! For the dose, I went with the recommended daily dose: To dose daily, add 6 drops per 20 US-gallons per day; adjust dosing volume after one week in accordance with the appearance of algae and perceived need for nutrients. (https://www.brightwellaquatics.com/products/chaeto-gro.php)
Where 1 ml = 20 drops, for my 65 gal system I dose 1 ml per day. (65 gal / 20 = 3.25 x 6 drops = 19.5 drops or ~ 1 ml.)

Up to now, I've looked at my tank as the sum of its parts. Each frag, each fish, each feature or mechanical system, standing apart from the other. Tonight -- attribute it to Friday or second glass of wine, or the sum of those three parts : ) -- I saw my tank for the first time as a single living being. Entity. And I find that very cool.

Last edited:
Greetings BAR! Can't believe it's been 9 mos since my last post. It's been an exciting time for me, though I have been distracted from my tank and the hobby in general, addressing health, family, travel, career, new home, home for sale, and many events and things in-between.

The good news: automation has been there for my tank when I have not. Here's how it's progressing : )

SQUIST RSR250 APRIL 2022 1-4.png

SQUIST RSR250 APRIL 2022 2-4.png

SQUIST RSR250 APRIL 2022 3-4.png

SQUIST RSR250 APRIL 2022 4-4.png

@Squist
If you haven’t seen them already
The pectina puts out long sweeper feeding tentacles
Long enough to reach the neighboring euphylias
It won’t be good for either
Good point. I have been learning the hard way . i think I have the pectinia good place. There is a pulsing power head behind it on back wall that keeps the sweepers from stretching out too far. And food gets blown directly to it.

Open House Reef Tank

Sat 4/9
Sun 4/10
12-2

117 Santa Ana St
San Pablo, CA 94806

At gate keypad, enter: 704.

It’s my open house. Figured if anyone is in the I-80 Berkeley, Richmond (@ashburn2k), @Kensington Reefer, El Cerrito (@iani) , San Pablo (@Squist) Dam Rd area around that time, stop by!

I’ll be home after the open house (2:00) if you’d like to have a beverage and talk tank.

For the right buyer, the tank is included in the purchase : ) Otherwise, it’s coming with me to Rocklin on May 2nd.

If you’re around, stop by. Would be fun to show tank and meet-up around 2:00.

Open House Reef Tank

Sat 4/9
Sun 4/10
12-2

117 Santa Ana St
San Pablo, CA 94806

At gate keypad, enter: 704.

It’s my open house. Figured if anyone is in the I-80 Berkeley, Richmond (@ashburn2k), @Kensington Reefer, El Cerrito (@iani) , San Pablo (@Squist) Dam Rd area around that time, stop by!

I’ll be home after the open house (2:00) if you’d like to have a beverage and talk tank.

For the right buyer, the tank is included in the purchase : ) Otherwise, it’s coming with me to Rocklin on May 2nd.

If you’re around, stop by. Would be fun to show tank and meet-up around 2:00.
I won't be around, but thank you for the invite. Typical weekend stuff to do, baseball and gymnastics for the kids.

Back