got ethical husbandry?

Sweet geebus I just can not make this sh*t up...

Fresh off the heels of launching the first Cannabis Associate of Arts Degree in
the nation, City College of San Francisco is now offering an industry-specific program that could
set the bar for state and national industry qualification standards. Beginning this week,
students can enroll in classes that will lead to a “badge” in one of four areas - manufacturing,
public education, social equity, and business and finance - which will be recognized by the Bay
Area cannabis industry as an indicator of expertise in the field.

So school has largely been cutting programs/classes due to funding... hey now get an AA in Cannabis!

Earning an official Badge in the Social Equity of Cannabis...
It’s a pretty important subject in the field. there are way too many people that are incarnated for marijuana related charges while it’s being legally sold. It’s called a badge because it’s only a 4 class course.

“We will define equity and its relationship to cannabis, examine the criminalization of cannabis, the impact of cannabis regulations on communities of color, and the ways cities and legislators are working within the cannabis industry to repair the damage done by the “war on drugs.””

It’s a pretty important subject in the field. there are way too many people that are incarnated for marijuana related charges while it’s being legally sold. It’s called a badge because it’s only a 4 class course.

“We will define equity and its relationship to cannabis, examine the criminalization of cannabis, the impact of cannabis regulations on communities of color, and the ways cities and legislators are working within the cannabis industry to repair the damage done by the “war on drugs.””
See to me this sounds like more emcompassing social sciences in general, or some off shoot of "law"

Which programs are getting funding cuts or cut outright?
Most? All? Every semester I hear about less FTEs given to departments (FTE is a "full time equivalent" class) essentially how many classes they can offer. Well except departments like English and ESL, which when told to cut in the past have just been like "No I don't think we will" :D

Crazy and sucks that this new avenue of education (normally an exciting event) comes at a time when other avenues are losing funding.
I would suspect their idea is that this department will increase enrollment which will intern allow them to increase funding in other areas. I know if this was offered when I was beginning college I would have 100% gone to SFSU.

I mean I know I'm just over reacting here, as this seems to encompass many disciplines
Manufacturer - Horticulture (fun fact, at one point there was a plan to merge Astronomy, Geology and Horticulture into a single department)
Public education - Speech/debate
Social equality - Social sciences/Law
Business and Finance - Well... business of course.

I don't smoke or care who does or doesn't but I do think this is a good idea. There's nothing wrong with encouraging people to get certification or a degree in a field that is thriving . You hear all the stories of people spendings tens of thousands of dollars on college only to struggle to find a job and end up in debt.

Free tuition but still need to pay for for various fees, like $30+ or so... and if you drop out of a class after the refund date (first 2 weeks) you are expected to pay it back all the tuition. Also non-credit classes tend to cost.

Back