got ethical husbandry?

Tapatalk Users - BAR Forum is no longer on Tapatalk

Wlachnit

Past President
HEADS UP: BAR Forum has disappeared from Tapatalk as of today

For a number of reasons which have been previously stated on this forum, we have decided to remove the BAR forum from Tapatalk by the beginning in April. For those of you that use Tapatalk exclusively, please give the website a try. The user experience is very much improved since @rygh upgraded the website a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
I have no idea what took us so long.
We did a poll and overwhelming majority said let's remove it or I do not care remove or not.
Security risks were outlined and clarified.we should have done that long time ago right after the poll..

I have no idea what took us so long.
We did a poll and overwhelming majority said let's remove it or I do not care remove or not.
Security risks were outlined and clarified.we should have done that long time ago right after the poll..
I hear ya. There were a couple of strong dissenters at one of our Board meetings last fall. So, in the spirit of supporting all of our members, we postponed the decision. But now the time has come.

Yes some of us have been pushing for this for a while :)

The main concern we had with this was that we want to make sure our members who currently use Tapatalk know about this change before it happens. They are less likely to see this notice because they don’t see our homepage, including this as the featured thread, and may not be following this subforum.

So if you have a buddy who uses TT exclusively and may not see this, you can help by reaching out to them and letting them know.

Also along those lines we are going to be bumping this thread frequently to try to keep it visible for folks.

If anyone is just starting to use our website because of this change, this thread would also be a great place to ask questions you may have. We want everyone to have a great experience.

I don’t understand how removing support for talk tap is going to make the forum better. The people that love the website let them use that. The people get have PAID for tap talk let them use that. You can improve the website functionality without removing support for third party applications.

what harm is it to leave the forum on tap talk? Especially since most of us PAY for use of this forum.

what are the security implications? Where we these concerns about security posted? I’d like to review them.

I don’t understand how removing support for talk tap is going to make the forum better. The people that love the website let them use that. The people get have PAID for tap talk let them use that. You can improve the website functionality without removing support for third party applications.

what harm is it to leave the forum on tap talk? Especially since most of us PAY for use of this forum.

what are the security implications? Where we these concerns about security posted? I’d like to review them.
Here was the thread for that: https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/poll-keep-or-remove-tapatalk-integration.26987/

Does that mean no more of this?
Yay!!!

071CD134-724D-484C-8ADE-028246BA34C0.jpeg

Sigh, I will continue to use Tapatalk until it is no longer supported.

Website is clunkier to use than Tapatalk in a mobile device, which is what I’m on most of the time.

Posting pictures is now a 2 step process vs using Tapatalk. Have to convert to jpg from heic 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sigh, I will continue to use Tapatalk until it is no longer supported.

Website is clunkier to use than Tapatalk in a mobile device, which is what I’m on most of the time.

Posting pictures is now a 2 step process vs using Tapatalk. Have to convert to jpg from heic 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’ve never had to convert pictures when posting and I’m on an iPhone using Firefox. They attach as jpeg.

Back