Neptune Aquatics

The Coral I bought from BAYMAC has worms !! What to do?

Can you please tell me what to do. I saw a few worms on my frag that I got. And also 1 critter.
I have to remove the frag from my tank.
Any idea what to do? Dip in fresh water ok?
I just place my frag in a cup now.

Please advise.

Worm : Long. skinny. Looks hairy. Orangish color. I saw 2. One slightly more than 1 inch. The other less than 1/2 inch.

Critter : Like a pod. But dark in color. Runs very fast. Always hiding btw the edges of the corals.

I concur it sounds like a bristleworm, not really bad at all, good scavenger actually, they hate light, so if you see them scurrying out of the lights then probably.

Dark pod thing, can't say.. I would just say let it be though, doubtful you'll catch it now that it's in your tank.

There was a seller next to Warner Marine giving free aiptasias with most frag purchases :)
I take the big bristle worms out whenever I can catch them, the smaller ones leave them alone since they are some of the best scavengers out there.

Thank you all.
I removed the worm already :( .
I put the frag in a cup with some SW and shake it really hard and all the worms fell off.

As to the pod thing, it did not come off. So, I took a chopstick and flatten it :) .

Lets see.

Bristle worms can be bad, but generally are good. The fish and everything else will eat the copepods. They are a great source of food and you want LOTS of them. But you can kill the bristle worms if you want.

Back