got ethical husbandry?

Thinking about taking a little break

So busy with the new job. I haven't touch my tank for couple months. It doesn't look good when I had time for it now it looks like hell :( . I think I will get rid off all the corals and keep the fish only. I'm thinking about going fish only for my 150G.

When I have time, I will list all the coral in DBTC. Hopefully I will find time before everything start to die :| ...

again?'
>said in my best Rocky voice<

rocky-bullwinkle.jpg

Wait, you're taking a break? I thought you were still in break mode waiting to break out with a big tank?

Call me crazy, but something inside makes me say you'll always be a reefer whether you like it or not Phong, huge tank, no tank, ugly tank, nice tank, you cannot escape :D

Charles, if you read this, can you please fire up the BAR tractor beam? Phong said something about a break....

Nope I sold music shit, I'm a local celebrity you know :D that's an indication of how petty our town is.

I'll be at Don Quixotes soon though, that will keep you from having to travel to our little bankrupt hamlet.

So you coming to our bankrupt hamlet instead? Meh, nickles and dimes nickles and dimes :)

I might haul my ass up to that, when?

I'll let you know as soon as we get a solid date, problem is that Tom, the booking agent wants to pair us up with Tom Rigney (sp?) and I really can't stand zydeco for more than 5 minutes :D

tuberider said:
I'll let you know as soon as we get a solid date, problem is that Tom, the booking agent wants to pair us up with Tom Rigney (sp?) and I really can't stand zydeco for more than 5 minutes :D

Did some one called my name? lol

Perry, you can't leave and that is final :D I went through lots of sh..ts in the last year, and in the past, I kept taking break but always ended back doing reef so this time I've learned from it and continue on with my reef. You spent so much time and effort collecting and taking care of those corals, it would be a shame to let all that go man ... hang in there !!!

Elite said:
So busy with the new job. I haven't touch my tank for couple months. It doesn't look good when I had time for it now it looks like hell :( . I think I will get rid off all the corals and keep the fish only. I'm thinking about going fish only for my 150G.

When I have time, I will list all the coral in DBTC. Hopefully I will find time before everything start to die :| ...
OR...
Let's see if we can't get 4 or 5 BAR members out to your tank for half a day. Make it sparkle again or at least keep things in decent shape while you decide how to proceeed. I'll volunteer first if you like the idea. HTH-Jim

well to each their own on taking breaks and getting rid of corals and fish to try something different. But When I had my 180 aggressive and my 240 reef and my family was complaining about electric bills I forced myself to take down the 180 and decided to put the aggressive fish into the reef. The corals were fine but they wiped out all my community fish in 1 day. then I got bored of seeing my giant hawkfish destroy every fish including my polleni grouper a couple of lionfishes, anglers, etc. so I ended up taken the remaining fish out and trading them in to go back to community reef. so even if you get rid of your corals your passion for reef will bite you in the ass and make you make time and will end up getting corals in no time at all. but good luck on whatever you do.

Back