Our mission

This is why I don't buy online

Look at these great examples from FB, lol

1000003575.png

1000003576.png

Sorry if this is someone on this forum, but I don't think it'd be possible to crank the saturation slider up any higher when editing these pics.

Look at these great examples from FB, lol

Sorry if this is someone on this forum, but I don't think it'd be possible to crank the saturation slider up any higher when editing these pics.

What, your fingers don't look like that in real life??

The sad thing is the color on the frags is still pretty meh...

Calikid corals just posted
View attachment 55942
These look pretty legit if you're seen a lot of Homophyllia australis (Scolys) in person. Can vouch for Cali Kid, they use Kessil lights only and there's a slight orange shift here from the lens, which probably makes it look more realistic than without.

I get that slight violet hue as well in my photos that's difficult to remove without like Lightroom or other software. Plus each monitor will render things differently (and many reefers have some degree of color blindness, especially given the current male dominated aspect of the hobby).

There's a REALLY good video on this here where Becca explains how she makes things look amazing and how many hours of editing actually would have to take place to make it look perfect:

If your saying ours are photo shopped your always more then welcome to come take a look in person we do use a orphek lens on our camera but no editing I am sure members who have been in could vouche for our coral colors

Cali Kid Norcal
I did not say "photo shopped". Most photos taken are overexposed with too much light. I believe it to be dishonest to the consumer. I have seen your corals many times myself in person. The coral and its frag plug are positively glowing in the photo above. These kind of photos just seem to be an industry standard now. It is disappointing.

They had a handful of them at cfm they looked a lot better person than those pictures. I've been in their store twice because of distance, but my impression was they had some stunning eye catching coloration on more than half their corals at the time (I brought my orange filter glasses made a big difference. )

There are to many varribles to mention when it comes to taking a picture of a coral. Some shameful people use photoshop/editing I won't deny it. Those pictures to me looks like just a orange filter. And if anything they don't do justice to the colors of the ones he actually brought to cfm as I mentioned above.

Back