Jestersix

Thomas' 29G TruVu

Added an extremely tiny McCosker's wrasse a week ago and it's been one of the better dither fish I've ever kept. The pink streak wrasse is out way more now and the yellow wrasse is less startled when I walk by.

PXL_20240117_005844442.jpg

Had an extra ICP test lying around so submitted some water last week. Pretty much the same as before, undetectable Mn and Fe as well as some other low trace elements, so I'm going to try and increase my dosing. Previously it was 15% weekly water changes, one pump of Tropic Marin A- and K+ whenever I remembered then a few drops of this (was on a heavy sale):

IRON_125ded.jpg

Iodine has continued to drop despite a bit of lugols added at the same frequency.

Corals still look great so we'll see if there's any increase in color or growth.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240130-232509.png
    Screenshot_20240130-232509.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 26
I thought I read somewhere that Lugol's wasn't really the right "form" of iodine and didn't do much when dosed? Can't remember where I read that.

I get similar ICP results as you do - and found that the Isol8 MT product includes pretty much the exact trace profile that I'm missing. I started dosing it at very low amounts throughout the day and have seen a noticeable improvement in color, mostly, and maybe some PE/growth too.

My last ICP, after doing this for a few weeks, came back still mostly zero's, with a couple of them reading a bit higher than my first ICP. I guess that means they're getting used up, mostly...*shrug*

Winning!
What are they?
"Exosphere" zoanthids. Got them at the last frag swap and I think as a club we can tank the prices back to normal lol.

It's the ReeFi light I think! Insane amount of 390-420nm light vs. others on the market. Always photographs out as a little purple but doesn't look that way in person.
I have the 2nd edition Reefi waiting to be added to the display. I talked my buddy into getting it last summer but now he is taking a break after a crash and gave me the light. Excited to add some different color and the spread to the current setup.

I need to figure out a clever way to add it to the RMS rail but out in front of the 3 radion 15s currently down the center of the rail. Hoping to slightly angle the light towards the back.

I have the 2nd edition Reefi waiting to be added to the display. I talked my buddy into getting it last summer but now he is taking a break after a crash and gave me the light. Excited to add some different color and the spread to the current setup.

I need to figure out a clever way to add it to the RMS rail but out in front of the 3 radion 15s currently down the center of the rail. Hoping to slightly angle the light towards the back.
Daniel will 3D print any bracket you need. If you come up with a design that has it angled, I'm sure he can do it. Just note he doesn't recommend having it plugged into power bars on controllers, just a simple surge protector outlet.

Updated FTS:

PXL_20240220_035148579.jpg

This is the first time I've been able to correct the lighting. The strong violet LED range in the ReeFi would make it look purple in photos but not in person, so I turned those off and now it looks almost identical to real life even without a filter!

Added a frag rack from @Srt4eric and cut up a bunch of corals at the frag workshop after everyone left. Removed the big anemone and it's in Kenny's sale tank.

The Nexus Burst also split:
PXL_20240218_011856872~2.jpg

Back