Cali Kid Corals

Tires and Rims on the Mustang

Didn't know anything about soap.. I used what my dad bought ;D ..

[quote author=Tumbleweed link=topic=5052.msg62054#msg62054 date=1225648297]
Hey quit complaining that is a everyday occurrence for me, no to mention all of the stuff people keep on the inside of their cars. I couldn't tell you how many times I had to deal with a coffee cup with 2 week old coffee in it. It still amazes me what people keep in their cars, and then forget to take out before they bring it into my shop to have fixed.
[/quote]
:D .. Just saying I hate the smell of old oil ;D .. You work in autoshop??

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=5052.msg62056#msg62056 date=1225648791]
Wheels look good Norm;... I didn't know you were a city boy :) And a FORD CAPRI MAN ..... :) You didn't happen to know Sheldon out on California street??? He had a tubbed out Capri that was a solid low 10 and 9 on the bottle....

Was you'rs the hatch? I had one that I drove through high school.. 2.8 v6 turbo... Had a ton of fun and introduced me to the world of FI... The service manager at the chevron on 19th ave. had one as well... his was gold and black though :) UGLY. hahahahh
[/quote]

Nope, didn't know those guys. I had a '73 2.6 liter. No turbo though. That must have been fun. I wanted to do that back then, but my car mod money came from bussing tables and washing dishes on the graveyard shift, haha.

After living in the Mission, with a housing project 2 blocks over, people drinking beer and pissing on my front steps at 2am, and police sirens going all the time, I was ready to get out. I kinda miss it now though.

hahahahah you miss the excitement now.. Now you get the ocassional reefer walking around your front yard wondering what all the blue lights are :) hahahahahah

Sometime, you guys should ask norm about the time he jacked a car up on blocks and stripped the rims off this kick ass mustang, all in under 2 minutes.

Yah, that was me. I was missing the sound of police sirens, and needed some excitement :D

Plus it was good practice for that Mustang that Tony mentioned :D

Hehe...

Here's my current mod list :D

35%/25% tints - California Sunscreen
Trunk blackout panel
8.8 rear axle, t-lok limited slip, 3.73 gears
Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft
Explorer Express X-Charger (Eaton MP90) HiPo - 2.8 pulley
JBA Silver Ceramic shorties
Ford Racing (FRPP) dual exhaust
Tokico D-Specs with remote adjusters
H&R SuperSport springs
J&M adjustable panhard bar
J&M lower control arms
J&M upper control arm
J&M lower control arm brackets
J&M camber plates
Eibach F/R Sway Bars
DD Cobra R wheels 18x9/10
Nitto 555 Tires 255/45, 285/40
Steeda X5 ball joints
Steeda bumpsteer kit
Steeda front control arm bushing kit
GT takeoff brakes
Hawk HPS Pads
AEM a/f gauge
Autometer Sport Comp vac/boost gauge
MSD 8.5mm Superconductor wires
Zabteck throttle body

Recent pics:
smDSC_0180h.jpg

smDSC_0194h.jpg

Im more of a late 60's Camaro guy. Thats my car. Someday.....

For now I will just get my kicks on my 2000 Honda RC51. Top speed 180 mph and 130 Hp I think I can take his Mustang! haha. I have only got it up to 150 but I think thats fast enough.

Haven't dyno'd the car. Though I did pick up an ipod recently so I could run a dyno app. Supposed to be impressively accurate.

http://www.dynolicious.com/

I was looking at G-Tech before, but you can't beat the price of the ipod. Especially with all the other functionality.

Hehe... the Bullits are another $1000/year insurance on top of what I'm paying now :D

The setup I have will outrun Bullits and GT's with mild bolt-ons. Plus it has a better weight balance compared to the V8's.

There's an intercooler setup that's coming out in a few months that'll get the car solidly into the 12's on the 1/4 mile.

I kind of want to get it, but then again, what's the point? There's always something faster.

Mainly I wanted to have an inexpensive, kind of quick car with a fun built suspension.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=5052.msg88903#msg88903 date=1237175476]
never tried to get into cars, but I think if I did, it would be the end of me lol.
[/quote]

To use an Ian phrase... "Might as well!" :D :D :D

You need a project car, Tony.

You can have my Jeep for $400. Special price for BAR members :D

Great for hauling tanks and stuff, y'know.

Then I can put the cash towards an intercooler :D

Back