High Tide Aquatics

Titanium heat exchanger

Years ago I was going to try building a cooling loop in my yard under the lawn to cool my big tank. I later figured out the tank is big enough and does not need any cooling especially since the metal halides were converted over to LED many years ago as well. Anyways I have a 3 ton rated titanium heat exchanger that is 1/2” OD tubing. If someone wants it please let me know. I paid like $400 for it years ago buts it’s been sitting around and I am tired of looking at it. It’s in a PVC shell but I suspect you could remove the shell as well if you wanted to use it in sump. I am just over in San Ramon.

Attachments

• IMG_1350.jpeg
    IMG_1350.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1351.jpeg
    IMG_1351.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1353.jpeg
    IMG_1353.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 43
That's pretty cool! Raj from MRC was just talking about something like this he made awhile back from a titanium coil plus a car radiator mounted outside.

I remember you. I followed your thread for years. It was super cutting edge
I am still running the natural gas heating system on my 600g tank that I documented on RC. I could not image what my PG&E bill would be if it was not on gas. I think the system is 15 years old at this point…. The only thing I had to replace is one of the two ranco thermostats and I suspect that was due to the high humidity in the filter shed.

Back