Our mission

Toadstool leather coral developing holes

brucieK

Supporting Member
I have a big toadstool leather not doing well lately. It's developing holes and white patches/marks all over its body and I'm quite concerned that it might collapse at some point.

I've tried several iodine dips, using carbon and nothing really improved. My water parameter is perfect and there is no recent change in this tank.

Here are some photos of the leather. As you can see, the polyps are still extending as usually except the white patch area. Have you guys had situation like this before? Please let me know if there's anything I should do. Thanks!

Attachments

• sick_leather_2.jpg
    sick_leather_2.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 137
  • sick_leather_3.jpg
    sick_leather_3.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 129
  • sick_leather_1.jpg
    sick_leather_1.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 137
I have a big toadstool leather not doing well lately. It's developing holes and white patches/marks all over its body and I'm quite concerned that it might collapse at some point.

I've tried several iodine dips, using carbon and nothing really improved. My water parameter is perfect and there is no recent change in this tank.

Here are some photos of the leather. As you can see, the polyps are still extending as usually except the white patch area. Have you guys had situation like this before? Please let me know if there's anything I should do. Thanks!
And what are perfect water parameters?

Back