Our mission

Trailer full of chocolate.

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
I don't know if anyone here has seen a trailer full of Guittard's chocolate before. I sure haven't, well not like this at least.

20210804_081356.jpg
20210804_081402.jpg

Wait...I can't tell if you are joking. I would totally scrap a couple blades for a 5 lb block of chocolate.
Part of me says "Yeah I bet there's still some usable stuff there..." but that's the part of me that gained 25 or so pounds during lockdowns that's saying that.

The sensible side of me says "yeah that chocolate needs to be retempered to be any good"

And the logical side of me says "I see those porto-potty sucking trucks around the trailer, something tells me that's not chocolate"

After annoying @Srt4eric with questions, he explained it to me. They have a heated chocolate holding tank that had a plumbing problem but no drain. In order to work on it, they had to remove all the chocolate, one 5g bucket at a time. My guess is that they dumped it all in the trailer along with the tools and now they have to deal with a trailer full of solid chocolate. Now, I want to know how they did that? Chisel? Blow torch?

After annoying @Srt4eric with questions, he explained it to me. They have a heated chocolate holding tank that had a plumbing problem but no drain. In order to work on it, they had to remove all the chocolate, one 5g bucket at a time. My guess is that they dumped it all in the trailer along with the tools and now they have to deal with a trailer full of solid chocolate. Now, I want to know how they did that? Chisel? Blow torch?
It's still sitting there. I think I'm going to chip it out with the excavator tomorrow.

Man, why did you all throw the tools in there?

If the trailer is solid metal, not a wood bed , you could light a fire under it and melt it.

But all that really does is let you fill buckets to trash it.

Might as well go at it with a saw.

I mean one of those blow torch attachments for putting on rubber roofing may help melting it down to get it out... but the problem is you can't just dump it down a drain otherwise it'll make a huge solid chunk. Dig a pit, melt it and pour it in the pit, cover with dirt call it a day.

Fixed that for you.
Yeah, I would suggest just taking it to the dump and leaving the whole thing there, but figured someone might want to keep the trailer.

Although from the looks of it, you might be able to pop those doors off, and pull it out as one huge chocolate bar assuming the inside of the trailer is smooth, but if it has wheel wells on the inside... yeah not gonna work

While fun with liquid nitrogen comes to mind instead of melting, there is a real thing for cleaning out chocolate called dry ice blasting.
I wonder if you drill some holes and add oil, if it would seep between the chocolate block and truck bed?
Let us know what happens!!

Back