Reef nutrition

tskiller's Reefer 170

When they're done mating the Male cardinal will mouth brood the eggs.

You'll actually see his jaw drop to accommodate for the eggs.

Like most fish breeding, it wont be easy and you gotta protect the babies from becoming food / getting sucked into a protein skimmer.

From what I hear, feeding baby fish seem to be the hardest/expensive part.

Well lookie what I found here:

n5DYmT9.jpg

More pictures to follow later, I've got some acclimatin' to do! :)

ZehGdqd.jpg

Curmudgeon Blue

shF2vrj.jpg

Pink Lemonade

i6lKkMS.jpg

BC Efflo (maybe my fav out of the bunch)

7LmCVKT.jpg

BC Xmas on the left and another shot of the Pink Lemonade

OG6m09I.jpg

BC Xmas

Another couple of frags in there too but not in a good spot to get a pic and my battery was almost dead. I'll get some better pictures when I have them properly mounted. I have them on the sand bed for now, I think I'm going to keep them there for a week and then move them up.

Battlecorals http://battlecorals.com/ is where I got em. First time I ever ordered livestock online and it went really smoothly. I'm really happy with the frags I got and he even threw in a couple freebies! Def would buy from them again.

Well, I got some more Zoas. A nice amount, some Volcanos PE, Salted Agave, Blondies, rainbow smoothie, and a few more. I've got some pics! I also have some pics of growth on a couple of my SPS coral. I picked up a Springer's Dottyback who seems pretty cool so far!

XonnnCh.jpg

7narlwx.jpg

Watching him swim about the rockwork is pretty fun!

X14fYsy.jpg

Salted Agave! I've wanted one of these forever. I'll try to get some pics of the rest of my new zoas soon.

EnukslH.jpg

My strawberry shortcake! It's more green in person. I like the growth I'm seeing on it so far!

q0tCjp8.jpg

Acropora Tricolor. Another winner in my book with the green polyps and purple body!

hAPpm8Q.jpg

I don't actually know what this is. It looked cool and was like 10 bucks so I bought it.

pQoyhtR.jpg

California Tort. It's starting to grow.

nFNcLeI.jpg

Green SPS. I like the polyps on this one!

QuGaBim.jpg

Tank is starting to fill up! I might start hunting for a clam and/or scoly soon.

Lots more pics, I made an effort to get better white balance this time.

Look what I picked up! Actually a pair of the hi-fin but the other is hiding already.

I71pVK9.jpg

iTXZSXW.jpg

fqWotSp.jpg

always watching...

hau0y6W.jpg

BjrICDZ.jpg

Cardinals doing well.

fG0X4Ax.jpg

some of my new zoas. Not really happy with the photos of these yet. Gotta get a tripod.

UOo4LE7.jpg

onjm51o.jpg

CLa5HQU.jpg

73MP8mu.jpg

crappy FTS and...

yX3EEar.jpg

Fuzzy chiton!

Oh and my sump too:

rGbcpHV.jpg

In my best protoss;

CARRIER HAS ARRIVED
pukSsFb.jpg

wy37CNj.jpg

GZBrerq.jpg

I'm pretty stoked that my Cardinals have been spawning, but this is the first time they've been successful. The first two times didn't result in eggs that I saw. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or equipment to try and rear them to adulthood. Maybe in a few months I'll try to give it a shot. DBTC Bangai Cardinals anyone? ;)

As far as my corals, they are actually looking a bit faded as far as color goes. The PE isn't where I want it on some of my SPS either. This started a little while ago when I got back from a three week business trip. I had my roomate watch the tank, but I don't expect him to look after it the same meticulous way I do.

I think I might be starving them of nutrients. My Nitrate is undetectable, so I've cut back on my carbon dosing and increased coral feeding. We will see how things go, I don't want to change too much too fast and make things worse.

Back