Our mission

Tunze ATO Pump

Didn't know they offer Nylon 12 now. I remember when I 1st tried printing Nylon, the printer was spitting due to the water in the filament. I had to put the roll in a bucket full of dessicant.
I’m not sure what nylon options exist in hobby printers, but I print the PA12 on a couple of these monsters:

0CAA6C65-66EA-4E98-9211-A95B9DD9BAD4.jpeg

(representative image from Google. Our printer is in a no photography zone at work)

Last edited:
Man I love this, definitely got that humbling "I am the dumbest guy in the room" feeling going on here, and it all started from "pump fall over, make brrrrrr sound, how to stop?" :D :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: Ibn
Man I love this, definitely got that humbling "I am the dumbest guy in the room" feeling going on here, and it all started from "pump fall over, make brrrrrr sound, how to stop?" :D :D :D
Put stick on 3 sides of pump, make pump stand tall, hooga booga

Also, don't you have a degree or two in some physics or something?

My dad told me this when he was figuring out what to do.

"Physics is applied math, and engineering is applied physics."

He got a math degree, then an EE masters because what do you do with a math degree outside of teach or research?

Material science is its own weird thing.

I don't have a degree in neither Physics nor Material Science.

I am just a mere maker monkey who uses big words...

Edit: Dammit that would have been a awesome username!

My dad told me this when he was figuring out what to do.

"Physics is applied math, and engineering is applied physics."
Yeah I'd largely agree, I left math because, luckily early on in my education, I learned I would be bored with just doing math, in physics I feel like the math is representing something so it's all good. Engineering... well that's a different beast, as a teacher I refer to engineers as "what equation do I need to use" students not trying to understand the physics of what's going on, as professionals it seems everything is an "engineer", social, software, logistical, materials, etc etc etc.

I don't have a degree in neither Physics nor Material Science.

I am just a mere maker monkey who uses big words...
That's alright, you don't need degrees to understand how something works and be very knowledgeable on the subject. Having a degree is a lot like winning a medal for a race, it says you were good enough on a particular day to get it, if you don't have a medal doesn't mean you can't run fast :)

Back