High Tide Aquatics

Tuxedo urchin homicide

Was thinking I haven’t seen my urchin in awhile.... then I moved some rocks and found it’s dead remains.... the insides have been gutted out. Murder was my first thought. And the number one suspect - My pistol shrimp. Who knows for sure, but either way I’m sad it’s dead. RIP buddy... you were an algae-eating beast.

1b49980e46f3a87ed33b89c407bd07ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a pistol shrimp, I would expect to see some crushed shells? Losing him definitely sucks :confused:

No clue. Just can’t think who else gutted him. Could be an emerald crab too but honestly haven’t seen one in awhile either so I figured I didn’t have any left.

Mine was gutted also by a wrasse. Sucks because they are great algea eaters probably the best

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Oh damn. What kind of wrasse was it? And how did you know the wrasse was the culprit?

I wouldn’t assume homicide. They always look the same after they die from any cause and the clean up crew is done with them.

I am aware. Im just cutting to the chase and saying that based on everything I know about my tank... I’m thinking it’s possibly homicide. Either that or it ran out of gha and starved lol.

Last edited:
Back