Neptune Aquatics

Typo?

Check out this elegance coral on DD. Is it for real or a typo? I wouldn't pay that much for a 2" elegance.
elegance.jpg

Probably not a typo, a great many corals that they get tend to be priced well above what the "bay area" price is because they cater to more than just the spoiled parts of the nation (like us :D). I don't know anything about elegance really, but that's a nice azure blue color in it (that looks a bit oversaturated in the photo but eh)

I bet it is a typo.
It is for sale at $120 at other sites.
Too big of a coincidence that you get the number by adding an extra 9.

I wonder if DD actually sold any at that price point. Amazon is known for offering different prices to different people continuously fine tuning prices to find the most profitable sweet spot (which changes over time).

I've seen some limited edition corals online that I was sure were limited edition only in the sense that "We have only two Limited Edition frags priced at $120. All of the other frags from the same mother colony are priced at $15". The people who buy them are the same people for whom the argument "Yes, but this one goes to 11" makes sense.

bondolo said:
I wonder if DD actually sold any at that price point. Amazon is known for offering different prices to different people continuously fine tuning prices to find the most profitable sweet spot (which changes over time).

I've seen some limited edition corals online that I was sure were limited edition only in the sense that "We have only two Limited Edition frags priced at $120. All of the other frags from the same mother colony are priced at $15". The people who buy them are the same people for whom the argument "Yes, but this one goes to 11" makes sense.

Divers Den is WYSIWYG so by default they can not sell more then one ;)

Back