Neptune Aquatics

Unhappy torch

I have a 2-3 heads torch frag that does not doing well while all other torches are thriving. Any recommendations to save this torch?

Attachments

• 48D81A15-CB41-4B2F-92DC-2EA2D957B297.jpeg
    48D81A15-CB41-4B2F-92DC-2EA2D957B297.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 39C77F2E-CBFC-42AB-835F-FDC9FC14E288.jpeg
    39C77F2E-CBFC-42AB-835F-FDC9FC14E288.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 154
Might be worth a dip of some kind? How long has it been closed up?
It not really fully close up, but not fully open either, it just like it try to hang in there. I took the picture really late last night while enjoying my tank and see it like that. What type of dip do you recommend?

Will dip later today. Someone recommend me to dip in cipro, too.

I get pretty aggressive with sick torches, but this is probably one of those do as I say and not as I do situations. The picture isn't very clear, but first look for pests. If no pests and there's if any flesh recession, I'd err on the side of caution.

What I'd say: try an iodine dip and coral dip then closely monitor.

What I'd probably do: take that coral out of the tank immediately so it has less of a chance to infect others if it is bacterial. Then I'd dip it in Bayer, then a Melafix/amoxicillin bath, then cipro for at least week.

@RandyC I don't have bayer, I only have Rive, coral Rx dip and Cipro. I can get some amoxicillin. My dilemma is I don't have a separate set up tank just for treatment. I can dip and dip. Any other way just for dip only?

@RandyC I don't have bayer, I only have Rive, coral Rx dip and Cipro. I can get some amoxicillin. My dilemma is I don't have a separate set up tank just for treatment. I can dip and dip. Any other way just for dip only?
Clamp a container with an air bubbler to side of tank so you don't have to worry about lighting and heater. Just take care not to mix (too much) water.

917ADC89-8F8B-4CB1-A396-912D8BC31174.jpeg

I get pretty aggressive with sick torches, but this is probably one of those do as I say and not as I do situations. The picture isn't very clear, but first look for pests. If no pests and there's if any flesh recession, I'd err on the side of caution.

What I'd say: try an iodine dip and coral dip then closely monitor.

What I'd probably do: take that coral out of the tank immediately so it has less of a chance to infect others if it is bacterial. Then I'd dip it in Bayer, then a Melafix/amoxicillin bath, then cipro for at least week.
I’m curious why the difference between your say/do suggestions.

Usually for me if there’s a difference it’s that the do is less work/easier than the say (because it’s easier to say something than do it), but for you it’s the opposite.

I’m curious why the difference between your say/do suggestions.

Usually for me if there’s a difference it’s that the do is less work/easier than the say (because it’s easier to say something than do it), but for you it’s the opposite.

It's probably because it's overly aggressive/overkill in this case. And there's no real evidence that it's a bacterial issue. So the suggestion to use antibiotics may rankle some.

Just got home, remove it out of the main tank and took these pictures. I will dip
In Revive then Ion-dine. Then treat with cipro.

Attachments

• 60F3329C-7576-4E94-AA87-0FD21F17C29C.jpeg
    60F3329C-7576-4E94-AA87-0FD21F17C29C.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 160
  • E76247C3-848F-4B45-A594-B72BCAD2925D.jpeg
    E76247C3-848F-4B45-A594-B72BCAD2925D.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 156
Back