High Tide Aquatics

Unreleased Hydros Maven

Link here:

Looks like $1200. Tests all 5 parameters -
It appears that it can be a stand alone product . Not sure what testing times are like for each or how many tests per day/week can be programmed.

That’s a way to poach on your competitor-

Link here:

Looks like $1200. Tests all 5 parameters -
It appears that it can be a stand alone product . Not sure what testing times are like for each or how many tests per day/week can be programmed.

That’s a way to poach on your competitor-
Where did you see $1200 on that?

off topic: i want to move to the hydros ecosystem for the kraken
Dangit. You got me excited when I looked it up, and then I realized none of my Ecotech lights or pumps will work with it.

After spending a day thinking about it: I'm invested in the Apex ecosystem and I like my Trident. I'm also of the belief that automating everything I can reasonably automate enhances my enjoyment of the hobby, and that the Trident form factor is ridiculous. Assuming the Maven performs reasonably well, I'll probably end up making the switch when it comes out. (Or, since I have a spare Trident, sell one of them and use the second to do a head-to-head comparison with the Maven.)

i just want to eliminate some power bricks.
The wave engine is pretty awesome for this. I run both returns and both gyres on one - saves 4 bricks and 4 outlets.

Dangit. You got me excited when I looked it up, and then I realized none of my Ecotech lights or pumps will work with it.

After spending a day thinking about it: I'm invested in the Apex ecosystem and I like my Trident. I'm also of the belief that automating everything I can reasonably automate enhances my enjoyment of the hobby, and that the Trident form factor is ridiculous. Assuming the Maven performs reasonably well, I'll probably end up making the switch when it comes out. (Or, since I have a spare Trident, sell one of them and use the second to do a head-to-head comparison with the Maven.)

Why won’t your eco tech stuff work? I have a versa on a hydros outlet and configure the details with the mobius app - no big deal.

I am a hydros fan boy - self disclosure.

i just want to eliminate some power bricks.
If you're interested, I've built some diy DC power bricks. They can be done pretty cheaply. Most of the cost is the power supply. However you need to have some smart home setup it can connect to. Specifically I used Home Assistant + ESPhome.

I mention this specifically because I too was excited about the kraken, but then I saw the price and was a bit floored and decided to self build.

I like the hydros system's principles, though I've never used one. They're all just incredibly expensive. Including if this is really $1200.

The wave engine is pretty awesome for this. I run both returns and both gyres on one - saves 4 bricks and 4 outlets.

Why won’t your eco tech stuff work? I have a versa on a hydros outlet and configure the details with the mobius app - no big deal.

What's the versa doing on the Hydros outlet? Turn on and off? Anything else?

If you're interested, I've built some diy DC power bricks. They can be done pretty cheaply. Most of the cost is the power supply. However you need to have some smart home setup it can connect to. Specifically I used Home Assistant + ESPhome.

I mention this specifically because I too was excited about the kraken, but then I saw the price and was a bit floored and decided to self build.

I like the hydros system's principles, though I've never used one. They're all just incredibly expensive. Including if this is really $1200.
I'd be interested in seeing how you did that. My big things is just that I have a ton of power bricks and liked the Idea of just being able to have one connection point.

My understanding was that the voltages were too high for the Kraken. I'd want to have 4 XR30s and 4 MP40s on it.

Back