got ethical husbandry?

Vincent's 40g AIO

Woke up this morning to this!

63d191b68c7e5d45ae9e6274a3fe7adf.jpg

My bta split last night!

It was acting strange the past few days. Not fully inflating (had gotten big) but the stem was inflated and the head was partially closed. Last night it was mainly closed up and this morning a newly split bta! Very excited! Hope it doesn't wander into my ph!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was re-reading your whole thread and have some questions -
Is your substrate still Hawaiian black sand?
Is that Real Reef kind of LR or tons of coralline algae?
What is that big awesome fleshy coral in 8/31 pic? Trachy? Scolymia?
I am wondering if your BTAs will take separate road trips around your tank today. Double the fun!

Was re-reading your whole thread and have some questions -
Is your substrate still Hawaiian black sand?
Is that Real Reef kind of LR or tons of coralline algae?
What is that big awesome fleshy coral in 8/31 pic? Trachy? Scolymia?
I am wondering if your BTAs will take separate road trips around your tank today. Double the fun!

It is still Hawaiian black sand and I love the contrast it gives the coral. But in the big tank, I may go to a traditional white/pink sand. I'm hoping that the brighter sand will reflect some of the light back at the coral from below and cut down on the shadowing.

I used Real Reef rock. It's not LR but it is colored to look like it's covered in coralline. Unfortunately it's mostly hidden under a blanket of algae as I fight through several issues with the doser.

I use the doser to dose vodka/vinegar for nitrate/phosphate control but it went on the fritz a few weeks ago and resulted in an algae bloom. It's getting better and it gives some of my fish something to graze on!

That is a Trachy. Unfortunately it caught some kind of bacteria infection, started to recede and had sections that would balloon up then deflate. Lost a lot of flesh and recently got finished off by my pencil urchin.

I'm hoping the daughter will stay around that corner! I fed it in the morning and will feed it again later.

It is still Hawaiian black sand and I love the contrast it gives the coral. But in the big tank, I may go to a traditional white/pink sand. I'm hoping that the brighter sand will reflect some of the light back at the coral from below and cut down on the shadowing.

I used Real Reef rock. It's not LR but it is colored to look like it's covered in coralline. Unfortunately it's mostly hidden under a blanket of algae as I fight through several issues with the doser.

I use the doser to dose vodka/vinegar for nitrate/phosphate control but it went on the fritz a few weeks ago and resulted in an algae bloom. It's getting better and it gives some of my fish something to graze on!

That is a Trachy. Unfortunately it caught some kind of bacteria infection, started to recede and had sections that would balloon up then deflate. Lost a lot of flesh and recently got finished off by my pencil urchin.

I'm hoping the daughter will stay around that corner! I fed it in the morning and will feed it again later.

It's possible to overfeed, be carefull!

Lol I think it split AGAIN!

94a5fd88b5ae28e6a3521609e7b5fd3d.jpg

1st daughter moves to the back and is facing the back right corner, can't see it in the pix.

That looks like another split!

Is everything else acting normally? Weird!

Yup. Everything else is normal. Elegance is retracted a little and not as big but I believe it's due to a little harassment from the Potter's Angelfish. Though no flesh is missing, it's just not too happy.

Just confirmed that it is another split. Definitely 2 separate feet.

And to add to the anemone family!

CoralPhoto-1-3.jpg

H. Magnificent. Purchased from Aquatic Collection. Smallish and still sulking but looks healthy so far. My Picasso has ignored it thus far. Hoping it will pick it as host soon.

CoralPhoto-1-2.jpg

A very small anemone. AC called it a LTA but I think its a Malu. No, I did not adjust the color. It is very very purple!

Picked up CRC's pair of Lightning Maroon Clownfish.

3a2b8d122900f880a20542d9da0add18.jpg

Watching them trying to decide on which bta to pick as host and getting to know it is fun!

Back