Reef nutrition

Vortech flow rates

You can indeed update from it but it will have to wait till the BOD meeting.

ALso, I ordered on paypal which is linked to my bank and backup debit. my debit expired last month and they dfaulted to my bank and not the new debit...so besically, it is going to e-check and now I need to wait 5 days. Now, next friday, I take off for a week, so depending on when it clears and when it ships, it might arrive to a vacant house. UGGG@@!!! REcent orders hate me.

...I guess I can have the guy hold it since he is in OC and I will infact be in OC for that week ;)

Well if you're sure it's going to be a Gen2 I might have to make it to the BOD meeting :D

Or at the very least convince one of the locals here (Arnold, Eileen) to take their vortech off line for a few hours to flash them at the BOD meeting :D

Damm, just my luck. I am working again that day. Mike you go to the meeting I'll be over at your place to flash mine. haha

I want to try the Vortechs but I've always heard some bad experiences with them. I heard a few people complain about dead pumps, the pump getting super hot, the magnet doesn't hold it on the glass, bad customer service. Should I stick with Tunze or has there been improvements?

Bad things are aways shouted 100x louder then good :p

Name any pump and they will have bad ones or problems from time to time. Most of the vortech issues have been resolved.

I got super lucky. I drove over to a vender for a project design...and who do I see, you guessed it! my UPS guy. Woohoo.

Got a couple questions though. The battery instructions are very ..well, not that great. Either that or I don't have the complete instructions.

Battery has 3 jacks. 1 input (large) and 2 outputs (small)
MP40w driver has 2 jacks. a 24v and 12v

I have 2 jumpers
I have 2 adapters (one that came with the pump and one that came with the battery).

Do I always have both adapters plugged in (one in battery and one in driver??)
Do I connect the output of the battery into the 12V input of the driver?
Pretend I am a moron on hooking this up (not a stretch :p)

Both adaptors are always plugged in to the wireless controller.

Wireless controller:
24volt-->power cable
12volt-->Battery

Battery Backup
24v-->power cable
2x 12v-->connects to up to two vortechs

There are only 2 jacks on the controller. How can I have both adapters plugged into it, yet somehow have the battery also connected?

The leftmost jack on the controller goes to the power cable, the other one goes to the battery back up. The battery backup has two 12v connectors. You only need to connect one of them to back up a vortech. The 2nd one is for a 2nd vortech.

I ordered 1. It is in a 40g and I can only put it up to about 1500gph (or I think) before it starts blowing frags around lol. I like the reefcrest mode.

That's also my complaint. If only they had an indicator on the switch there to let you know what it's currently at...

A simple sticker which has position indicators would be nice. Even if it just has 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000 located on the rotation instead of Min, Max.

(I posted this on the eco forums on RC. we'll see what they say :p

Sticker would be good, but a digital reading would be cooler =)

Im pretty sure people have brought this up on the ecotech forums already. Its a common wishlist item.

Back