Cali Kid Corals

Want to grow super big mushrooms ?

it just happened. I figured I would pass it along for anyone that is interested. This is in my 40 gallon breeder fuge. Doesn’t get huge like this in any of my other aquariums. Flow is super slow and light is meh. 1 AliExpress light bar. All the mushrooms are at least 3-4” rounds. Some are even 6”. Kinda crazy. Not one particular species. Just all random stuff that people have give me over the years.

Attachments

• IMG_2310.jpeg
    IMG_2310.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2311.jpeg
    IMG_2311.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2312.jpeg
    IMG_2312.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2313.jpeg
    IMG_2313.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2314.jpeg
    IMG_2314.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 67
I’ve also experienced this with shrooms. Super low flow and low light makes them expand out like crazy. I think they are trying to capture as much light as possible (because it’s so dim) so they open up huge, & with no flow it’s easy for them to do.

it just happened. I figured I would pass it along for anyone that is interested. This is in my 40 gallon breeder fuge. Doesn’t get huge like this in any of my other aquariums. Flow is super slow and light is meh. 1 AliExpress light bar. All the mushrooms are at least 3-4” rounds. Some are even 6”. Kinda crazy. Not one particular species. Just all random stuff that people have give me over the years.
Man you suck at taking pictures!

It’s only in the past two years that I show my aquariums. I’m a very private person. My friends would always ask me to show my cars. I never do that either. So no picture taking. I know what they look like.

16+ years in the hobby, odds on not having an orange lens have to be astronomical. ;)
Let’s see. Maybe a 50% chance of getting a lens each year of the hobby since it’s easy and helpful.

So (0.5)^16 = 0.000015 = 0.0015%
Or 99.9985% chance that it would have happened by now.
My conclusion is that it was not random, but an intentional choice!

I love mushrooms...
as for taking pictures of reef inhabitants, I am still struggling with it.

Moved this little Neptune Bounce into my wife's 40oz PNW Custom tank. It was looking bleh inside my fluval. 3 days in here and it's looking so much better.

1000008523.jpg

Back