Kessil

Website Feature Requests & Improvement Suggestions

Oh man, it totally feels clunky. I'm sure there are things we can gleam from them. Though, we don't have that high volume because you have to be a member

Thanks for the suggestion, @Nav. I checked it out and I have to agree with @neuro that it's pretty clunky. Looking at the forum software, it's vBulletin so it's likely that they're just using some plugin for a platform that has plenty of support.

If we do implement something like that, we'll make sure it's well thought out and developed. No half-baked solutions here. :)

I think we can boost forum involvement if we have some fun/free contests for prizes. Coral frags, food, equipment etc. nothing super expensive just whatever we can give away thats halfway decent. And it shouldnt be limited to supporting members.

Maybe the contests can be a quarterly thing out of the year. Example being a photography contest. Best picture wins a frag of candy apple red zoas; determined by a staff vote. Maybe the frag can come from the club's frag tank or donated by a user. Other prizes could be, free BAR t shirt, snails, etc.

Last edited:
Ender, great idea... I've come across many such contests in other forums and FB groups... Adding you your list on increasing engagement:
  • TOTM (Tank of the month)
  • Photo contests (like corals eating, rainbows, fish in action, etc.)
  • Auctions
  • Polls (questions like "what lights you got", "what do you dose" etc.) will be helpful for everyone to see the most used supplements/brands etc. I see XenForo has few modules...

These are some great ideas guys... I'm sure the rest of the BOD is reading these and we'll plan to make these happen sooner than later.

Reactions: Nav
Back