got ethical husbandry?

What are some fast growing acropora?

CaptainB

Supporting Member
Looking to draw on the experience here to see which acros people have kept with a lot of success in terms of growing out into colonies.

My setup is ~300 par where I'd like to place these up top with plenty of flow. I have big bare spots I'd like to set, leave them alone, and try to grow them big.

I have a piece of PC rainbow I think will be one (thanks @IOnceWasLegend) and was looking for a red planet (table that grows well). What are some others? Prolific, robust corals aren't usually going to be rare, and that's ok.

I don't know if birdsnest or stylophora count as acropora, but are fast growing. Anacropora are also different from Acropora and are fast growing.

For acropora, blue staghorn and green slimer are the two fastest growing that I know of. Miyagi tort is a close next one.

I don't know if birdsnest or stylophora count as acropora, but are fast growing. Anacropora are also different from Acropora and are fast growing.

For acropora, blue staghorn and green slimer are the two fastest growing that I know of. Miyagi tort is a close next one.
Not sure if anyone still has any locally but I remember the Palmer's blue millepora that I had years ago grew like a monster.

Looking to draw on the experience here to see which acros people have kept with a lot of success in terms of growing out into colonies.

My setup is ~300 par where I'd like to place these up top with plenty of flow. I have big bare spots I'd like to set, leave them alone, and try to grow them big.

I have a piece of PC rainbow I think will be one (thanks @IOnceWasLegend) and was looking for a red planet (table that grows well). What are some others? Prolific, robust corals aren't usually going to be rare, and that's ok.
I have what I believe to be red planet and wouldn't mind giving you a frag. I may have some others for you too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

I think any coral with multi heads will grow at a decent rate. It’s when we all start out with nubs that take forever or die.
Not necessarily. Some Acros (usually the high end stuff) grows at a much slower rate. Same thing with any type of coral that is considered "high end". If it grew fast then there would be an abundance of it and the price wouldn't stay high.

Hummmmm or are they just picky about parameters and die easy ? Inquiring minds would like to know. Lol.
Granted there’s always the exception to the rule. Like purple monster. But my homewrecker took forever to start but after it did. It grew like another acro. It even stn like every other acro. Lol.

I have my Purple indo if you want I can give you a frag that is growing fast in my tank. If you want come get some.

Does anyone have any Copps Calacali floating around? This seems to come up a few places as a good grower for a staghorn.

Saw some posts on here but real old.

Yeah for sure most digis grow fast but indeed they are montipora.

I have a lot of montipora already: spongodes, setosa, stellata, multiple digis and encrusters.

Back