Jestersix

what are you going to do Jeremy

LordHelmet

Supporting Member
With the swap in two days, there is another event that I would think would cause some second guessing.

http://www.maverickssurf.com/

I don't go to that stupid thing, plus I have a gig later on in the evening at the Brewery which is within a short walk from Mavs. I'll be in my truck for hours fighting gridlock caused by people that don't realize that you can't see very much from land :p

The real heroes are the ones that were out there on Turkey day this year, Christmas or Jan 2nd. Saturday's gonna suck....

http://www.youtube.com/user/powerlinestv#p/u/9/DT_6Hgv2Zcs

No trophies, just big clean surf.

Watching it from the cliff is a waste of time. You can't see anything. My 400mm lens still could not reach that far. Best place to watch is on the boat if you want to shell out the $$$$. Traffic is no fun either. I'd rather watch it on my computer. BTW they have free wireless at Chabot? :bigsmile:

I believe they do!

BTW, you missed 10ft barreling faces at Montara Tuesday, super nice wedges on the south end, real make-able and easy take offs.

tuberider said:
I believe they do!

BTW, you missed 10ft barreling faces at Montara Tuesday, super nice wedges on the south end, real make-able and easy take offs.

Easy take offs? Montara always has fast drops. 10ft? Did you bust out the semi-gun?

Hehe, 6'2", it was wedging, so no death walls, just a big ol' bowl. My semi is down in Costa Rica @ my g/fs parents place in Manuel Antonio, I miss that board.

I like in between, like Davenport Landing produces on large enough swells (but not massive where you have to go to the cliffs and not the main reef)

Uh huh :D That's them. oh how I miss those.

I was out one day and a kayak entered the line up. He got into a few verbal confrontations with some of the true locals and the proceeded to cut a few off. While cutting the last guy off he lost it and went sideways. That damn kayak plowed a dozen guys, including one local NO one in their right mind would mess with. The local collected his board, went to his truck and proceeded to slash all 4 of the kayakers tires. He's lucky the guy didn't torch the car ;)

I pinballed through the rocks and into the cove years ago, that right is sketchy, and the left is just to far out to sea for my comfort, it is a fun wave though.

That left is nearly in Hawaii I tell you what. With the rip kicking you have to paddle out a mile, across for another 1/2 mile then in. I nearly died there once :( I hit bottom 30' down after a drop in and had the wind knocked out of me. I surfaced on top of another 20' and got dragged back over the falls. I never thought you could hit bottom when it's so deep but boy was I wrong. We left and went to 4 mile after that :lol:

That's why it's so black (the water) it's much more shallow than you'd think, like little bonsais, I was bobbing up and down waiting for a set out there and my foot hit the bottom, I looked down and all I saw was black and I then realized it's because of the black reef :O I was way out there too..

tuberider said:
That's why it's so black (the water) it's much more shallow than you'd think, like little bonsais, I was bobbing up and down waiting for a set out there and my foot hit the bottom, I looked down and all I saw was black and I then realized it's because of the black reef :O I was way out there too..

Low tide? Reminds me when I surfed at Lahaina couple years ago. That place is freaking shallow. Sit on my board waiting and my feet can touch the bottom. I was afraid to eat it. Luckily I never did and because I was extra cautious.

Back