Our mission

What did you buy for your aquarium for Black Friday ?

Some restocks for next year

Attachments

• IMG_1753.png
    IMG_1753.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1754.png
    IMG_1754.png
    138.9 KB · Views: 79
I think the RedSea discount was less this year. Many of the other ones were larger though. Vortech had better discounts about a month ago, but they were upfront about the prices being better than right now.

I picked up quite a few things! My black Friday started with a visit to @Twisted and picked up a new (to me) IM 50 Lagoon amd stand! An amazing deal in my book. A few items at Aqua Collection and then some awesome zoas from @Matthew Meyer and @Invictus ! It was a nutty but amazing Black Friday.
20231124_084127.jpg

Blastomussa from AC
20231125_180225.jpg

No good pics of the zoas from Matt but here's the Magician zoa from Invictus
20231125_180543.jpg

I used the petco deal to buy a bunch of pods and phyto hella cheap. Almost pulled the trigger on some anthias, but can't convince myself to setup the QT tank. I think that deal goes through tomorrow, so might still try, even though I know it's a bad idea.

I used the petco deal to buy a bunch of pods and phyto hella cheap. Almost pulled the trigger on some anthias, but can't convince myself to setup the QT tank. I think that deal goes through tomorrow, so might still try, even though I know it's a bad idea.
I need pods to seed my tank. Is their source relatively clean?

I picked up quite a few things! My black Friday started with a visit to @Twisted and picked up a new (to me) IM 50 Lagoon amd stand! An amazing deal in my book. A few items at Aqua Collection and then some awesome zoas from @Matthew Meyer and @Invictus ! It was a nutty but amazing Black Friday.
View attachment 50893
Blastomussa from AC
View attachment 50895
No good pics of the zoas from Matt but here's the Magician zoa from Invictus
View attachment 50894

I have a roller mat for that tank if you're interested

I need pods to seed my tank. Is their source relatively clean?
Shrug, reputable brand I think. I strain pods through a series of micro sieves and then rinse with clean saltwater and then dump into the tank. I wouldn't buy pods or phyto from a random person, but not sure there's practically much way to disambiguate between the brands.

Reasonable question but not really sure a good answer.

I have a roller mat for that tank if you're interested
Sure. I need to figure out if it's something I would need or not. My plan is for it to be a entry room display tank. The idea of the roller mat sticking out of the chambers seem unsightly to me. But does their functionality out weigh the visual?

Shrug, reputable brand I think. I strain pods through a series of micro sieves and then rinse with clean saltwater and then dump into the tank. I wouldn't buy pods or phyto from a random person, but not sure there's practically much way to disambiguate between the brands.

Reasonable question but not really sure a good answer.
I just looked on the app and the only thing I saw was the 4oz bottle for $25. Is that right?

Sure. I need to figure out if it's something I would need or not. My plan is for it to be a entry room display tank. The idea of the roller mat sticking out of the chambers seem unsightly to me. But does their functionality out weigh the visual?

I just looked on the app and the only thing I saw was the 4oz bottle for $25. Is that right?
Yes, but it is half off when you add it to your cart.

Sure enough! 3 bottles for $36 shipped. Thanks.

Do you know how long I can store them for in the fridge?
If you mean store pods, I don't think they're supposed to be in the fridge, they're live. Usually you store them in the bottle with it open. If you want to store them for a bit, the potentially better option is buy phyto and pods and culture them.

Easy option is just toss some pods into a bottle with some saltwater and then add phyto. If you're doing a full culture the guidance is usually add phyto until the water is obviously colored and then harvest at your discretion. If you're looking to just have them last a bit longer, I'd probably transfer to a second container, add a bit of phyto to tinge the water, and gently shake it once in awhile.

However there's a lot of proper info out there about culturing phyto and pods. Better than my summaries.

I'm not sure if tisbe are the best pod type if you're seeding a tank though.

If you mean store pods, I don't think they're supposed to be in the fridge, they're live. Usually you store them in the bottle with it open. If you want to store them for a bit, the potentially better option is buy phyto and pods and culture them.

Easy option is just toss some pods into a bottle with some saltwater and then add phyto. If you're doing a full culture the guidance is usually add phyto until the water is obviously colored and then harvest at your discretion. If you're looking to just have them last a bit longer, I'd probably transfer to a second container, add a bit of phyto to tinge the water, and gently shake it once in awhile.

However there's a lot of proper info out there about culturing phyto and pods. Better than my summaries.

I'm not sure if tisbe are the best pod type if you're seeding a tank though.
OH! Sounds like I need to slow my roll then. I tried finding the phyto on the petco app and couldn't find it. Looks like these pods are a single species. I was looking at other private pod and phyto sellers and it can get very expensive quite quickly! Yikes. Looks like the phyto can store well though. Thanks for the info.

Back