Neptune Aquatics

What did you get @ CFM?

salty_taste

Social
BOD
Share what you picked up Coral Farmers Market to start 2024 off!

Thanks to everyone who made a stop at our booth :)

IMG_8443.jpeg

IMG_8442.jpeg

Special thanks to @Srt4eric for capturing these photos!

Blew my whole imaginary budget on an amazeballs goni for a relatively good price. I think the vendor was Volcano Corals. Currently acclimating in my frag tank.

There was one vendor that tried to sell me a dying frag of amazeballs that clearly had brown jelly when I inquired about a different healthier one :mad: Seller 1: "we have this one, it's just not open right now. I can sell it for $100" Seller 2: "oh wow, $100 is a great deal. They go for $300 online". Sleezy sales tactic. I left right away.

1000004395.jpg

This rack and everything in it:

View attachment 52271

Also picked up this frag that at least 25 flatworms? on it. Still trying to figure out if its okay to add to the tank after my coral Rx and Bayer dips.

View attachment 52272
Dips will kill off the flatworms, but not the eggs. If you have a holding tank I'd suggest dipping every two or three days for a week to kill off any fresh hatchlings before putting it in your tank.

Or, depending on your tolerance for risk, if you're diligent you can put it in an easily accessible spot in your main tank and do the dips. If it's planaria I'd be willing to take that risk; if it's euphyllia eating flatworms, I wouldn't.

This rack and everything in it:

View attachment 52271

Also picked up this frag that at least 25 flatworms? on it. Still trying to figure out if its okay to add to the tank after my coral Rx and Bayer dips.

View attachment 52272
Im wondering if that's a green hammer with purple tips a a similar frog spawn?

I got one thats similar. With some spots on it, ill take it out and share a picture of it when I get home. After reading your posts now im concerned.

(I used seachem idione based dip)

Great to meet, planned and unplanned, several BAR members yesterday. My first CFM, and the main reason for us for the 1h drive one way was to find the mantis shrimp a new home in the excellent care of @ReyDeFarts, and to pick up an Aqualogic controller from @popper for our nano tank, so that I could finally setup a proper redundancy for the IM 150 by moving my other Aqualogic controller from the nano tank to the main DT.

The plan was to get a full yellow goni / neon yellow, if they had one, and potentially a good deal on a nice looking scoly, if available. We ended buying far more than planned, about 11 corals, plus the free coral from BAR which was fantastic. My son loves NPS so we also bought one of them. I am not sure if the two yellow gonies we bought are true yellow or more greenish, but they certainly looked super yellow until the Kessil light they had, and the guy selling these was saying these are yellow.

IMG_1346.jpeg
IMG_1345.jpeg
IMG_1347.jpeg

Great to meet, planned and unplanned, several BAR members yesterday. My first CFM, and the main reason for us for the 1h drive one way was to find the mantis shrimp a new home in the excellent care of @ReyDeFarts, and to pick up an Aqualogic controller from @popper for our nano tank, so that I could finally setup a proper redundancy for the IM 150 by moving my other Aqualogic controller from the nano tank to the main DT.

The plan was to get a full yellow goni / neon yellow, if they had one, and potentially a good deal on a nice looking scoly, if available. We ended buying far more than planned, about 11 corals, plus the free coral from BAR which was fantastic. My son loves NPS so we also bought one of them. I am not sure if the two yellow gonies we bought are true yellow or more greenish, but they certainly looked super yellow until the Kessil light they had, and the guy selling these was saying these are yellow.

View attachment 52289
Ah so it was you that picked up the poker star colony! Looks real nice.

Back