Jestersix

What did you get from CFM?

5349609C-9A77-4ED5-AD37-DCC8EC4F7547.jpeg

Here’s my purchase. Still opening up. Also picked up a Favia of the Gods and a small Blasto colony.

Favorite deal of the day was a trade with @Arvin R who had some great stuff.
87A18772-EF53-4D78-B0EE-00C2619CC959.jpeg

Way too much, honestly. Did CoralExotic's pre-CFM livesale and, between that and a couple other vendors, we got:

Green torch
Gold octospawn
Rainbow goni
Aussie pink goni
Aquaman acan
Triple head gold torch
Holy grail microhammer
Blue/gold torch (all blue with streaks of gold; hoping it's similar to the Malaysian I got last year)

And got the following stuff pre-QT'd from Kay's coral cove:

Black torch with green tips
Highlighter torch
Reverse tiger torch

Most of the stuff is in QT so I don't have good pictures, but I've been obsessed with the reverse tiger.

Reverse tiger.jpg

Replaced an Octospawn that I split off a while back with an octospawn from CoralExotic. Top back left is the new single headed fluorescent green/yellow from CoralExotic. The more typical green octospawn in front of it has 6 heads and is 5-6" across...to show size.
PXL_20230924_162252310.jpg

Original arrangement
PXL_20230924_004903862.jpg

The mouth opening for this new octospawn is over an inch wide, total head skeleton, probably 2-2.5" and inflated as in the image above, 5". Is there such a thing as a non-branching octospawn/frogspawn? I have wall hammers and given the size of this octospawn base skeleton I'm wondering if there are wall variants of octospawn :)

Replaced an Octospawn that I split off a while back with an octospawn from CoralExotic. Top back left is the new single headed fluorescent green/yellow from CoralExotic. The more typical green octospawn in front of it has 6 heads and is 5-6" across...to show size.
View attachment 49864

Original arrangement
View attachment 49865

The mouth opening for this new octospawn is over an inch wide, total head skeleton, probably 2-2.5" and inflated as in the image above, 5". Is there such a thing as a non-branching octospawn/frogspawn? I have wall hammers and given the size of this octospawn base skeleton I'm wondering if there are wall variants of octospawn :)

Nice you brought that super bright toxic green octo? It’s a branching octo, just with a really big trunk. If I remember, I believe there were little heads budding off of it, so if you see any buds, definitely a branching variety.

Nice you brought that super bright toxic green octo? It’s a branching octo, just with a really big trunk. If I remember, I believe there were little heads budding off of it, so if you see any buds, definitely a branching variety.
yep, that is the one I picked up. I saw it at the last CFM and it just stuck out. Something about seeing them with your own eyes....it really is dramatically brighter than any others I've seen. So I was waiting until this CFM to see if he still had it. Sometimes color is just environmental and Corals can become more bright or less. But if you pick one up that is dramatically brighter, its a better starting point.

Yes it does have a couple of small buds, but that trunk is just massive compared to any other hammers or *spawns I've seen. Thanks for the insight on that!

Also, I noticed he had a couple of frags of your (Flamming?) Lotus Gonni...that is a spectacular Gonni.

yep, that is the one I picked up. I saw it at the last CFM and it just stuck out. Something about seeing them with your own eyes....it really is dramatically brighter than any others I've seen. So I was waiting until this CFM to see if he still had it. Sometimes color is just environmental and Corals can become more bright or less. But if you pick one up that is dramatically brighter, its a better starting point.

Yes it does have a couple of small buds, but that trunk is just massive compared to any other hammers or *spawns I've seen. Thanks for the insight on that!

Also, I noticed he had a couple of frags of your (Flamming?) Lotus Gonni...that is a spectacular Gonni.

Yeah. That toxic green brightness will stay. I had one of those a while ago. The brightness on that thing is unbelievable. Unfortunately, it’s a sensitive little poop, I lost mine.

https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/randys-red-sea-reefer-250.19728/post-298563

Those were Flaming Lotus gonis from me that I had just brought to him on Friday night. Definitely a looker, I was lucky to score it at AC 5-6 years ago and haven’t seen it anywhere else since.

2 variations of Cristata Torch
2 octospawn variations
1 unknown I think it may be a framers hammer excited to find out.
2 regular hammers
Melissa scored the large Rachet chalice in the middle of the second picture. She has the best taste.
Tested out a few rock Nems last one sold today.

We had a lot of fun and learned a lot. Thank you everyone that stopped by and shared with us.

Side Note: Would anyone be interested in possibly trying organize a similar event in the future? Possibly in the North Bay? I’m certain we would do a better job marketing it.

Attachments

• IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0710.jpeg
    IMG_0710.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0713.jpeg
    IMG_0713.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 79
Side Note: Would anyone be interested in possibly trying organize a similar event in the future? Possibly in the North Bay? I’m certain we would do a better job marketing it.
I would attend for sure. The trick would be getting the adequate vendors.
Would be cool to have a BAR vendor table where members could bring 5 corals each for sale or something.

2 variations of Cristata Torch
2 octospawn variations
1 unknown I think it may be a framers hammer excited to find out.
2 regular hammers
Melissa scored the large Rachet chalice in the middle of the second picture. She has the best taste.
Tested out a few rock Nems last one sold today.

We had a lot of fun and learned a lot. Thank you everyone that stopped by and shared with us.

You Know I'm in to be a vendor! PM me and let's talk. I'd love to help plan/find vendors/market this. I already got a few vendors who would be interested in booths.

Last edited:
Back