Neptune Aquatics

What dosing pumps are you guys using?

How do you like the app? I've heard mixed things about it
It’s not the most advance but for what I need they are good enough. Most important for me is reliability and accuracy. Kamoer score very high in my book. They are relatively cheap.

Since we're here already, thanks everyone for your input! I'm between a Kamoer 4-head and the reef dose.

How often are you maintaining your pumps? And when you do maintain them, are you disassembling them, or are you just replacing the heads? (if possible)

I wanna clean up my bubble magus before I trade it off, or sell it to someone
I have never maintained mine in 2 years. I don’t know if they need calibration . Don’t care as long as my parameter is stable. Don’t need to know if 100ml on the app is 95ml or 105ml actual .

If anyone wants a bubble magus 3 head pump, I'll be having one available in the coming weeks! It's a 3 header, and I modified it to accept RO lines. I'll post pics when I get home later

I have never maintained mine in 2 years. I don’t know if they need calibration . Don’t care as long as my parameter is stable. Don’t need to know if 100ml on the app is 95ml or 105ml actual .
I just setup a Kamoer. Per the instructions, it says to calibrate ever 4 months or so. Then it will adjust the dosing per the current rate. Takes all of 1 minute to run a calibration. It's very easy.

I just setup a Kamoer. Per the instructions, it says to calibrate ever 4 months or so. Then it will adjust the dosing per the current rate. Takes all of 1 minute to run a calibration. It's very easy.
I know it’s easy. Did that during the initial install stage. My point is I don’t see the need to calibrate after x months. But that’s just me being lazy.

IMG_8170.jpeg

I use EcoTech Versas. I prefer push connect for easy replacement of tubing. Be sure to actually change the tubing inside the versa at least every six months. The tubing can become hard after a while and the flow rate decreases.

Back