Reef nutrition

what happens if the originator of a DBTC doesn't continue it on Barcode?

dochou

Supporting Member
I got a frag from someone in 2019. I want to continue the chain. He hasn't put it into BarCode.
How do I continue the chain?

Yeah it’s in Barcode; https://barcode.bareefers.org/bc/frag/164

are you saying that he just hasn’t added your link? I think @svreef would be able to manually add you.

The good thing is this will likely occur more frequently for old chains being moved to barcode. Once everything is in barcode, and someone is actively passing out frags, they are much more likely to actively add into barcode.

@dochou - I think if you request a frag of an existing chain in BARcode, and then tell BARcode that they gave you one, you can add yourself to the chain without the originator or an admin having to get involved. I think.

I created a new barcode not realizing its the same lineage as the this.

How do i delete this barcode: https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/dbtc-electric-blue-montipora-digitata.29678/ ?

I got a very large frag from @dochou from the swap. It was listed as Electric Blue monti. I did not realized its the same as German Blue Monti. Since its the same lineage, we should just keep the old barcode and kill the new one that i created.

@svreef Any suggestions?

Thanks
If you got it as part of a DBTC (not swap, not paid, etc), and @dochou can confirm that it is the same lineage as what he got from @RandyC, then yes this could be done.

@dochou - I think if you request a frag of an existing chain in BARcode, and then tell BARcode that they gave you one, you can add yourself to the chain without the originator or an admin having to get involved. I think.
You can request that they add you but in the end only the originator of the frag, or possible an admin, can add a person to the lineage.

You can request that they add you but in the end only the originator of the frag, or possible an admin, can add a person to the lineage.
Thanks for the clarification. I was getting confused with how BARcode works with equipment hand-offs.

But yeah if @dochou can confirm that this is the same German Blue Digi that is in the DBTC from @RandyC linked to above, and that the frag he gave to @newfly was also the same lineage and given as part of DBTC (not as part of the swap), then we can probably fix this up.

Yeah that's a confusing one, and I'm glad I'm not doing the coding on this.

But if @newfly picked the coral during his rounds at the swap, and now wants to offer up in DBTC I would think that would be a separate DBTC thread even if it it was RandyC who put that coral in the swap. If it was me however, I wouldn't even do a DBTC if there was one already started on it, and just do a PIF if I wanted to give away corals.

Thanks for the clarification. I did not know there is an existing DBTC on this. I agree with @sfsuphysics . I’ll delete the DBTC and put it in PIF.

Can someone show me how to delete a DBTC thread I started ?

Actually, looking at the BARcode DBTC entry, @dochou is already on it, so nothing needs to be done there.

@newfly can start his own DBTC with his frag if he wants, just rename it to the correct name I guess.

Thanks for the clarification. I did not know there is an existing DBTC on this. I agree with @sfsuphysics . I’ll delete the DBTC and put it in PIF.

Can someone show me how to delete a DBTC thread I started ?
I can delete it, just bump it for me to find. You can certainly offer frags in the existing chain since the lineage is verified.

Back