Our mission

what would cause this

as some know i went to disneyland for 6 days, i had my neighbor keep an eye on my tank set up my ATO with my reef angel and i left....

i came back to a frag tank full of this cottage cheese like crap all over the tank and green grass like algae on all my plugs.... i changed my gfo before i left and i just added the carbon bag back into my system and it seems to be helping a tad with the algae bllom but the brown/green moosh is still in tank. i vacummed it all out and it came right back within 2 days anyideas guys....

i so far added carbon
- added a good snail cleanup crew still adding
and changed my gfo
and did 2 10% water changes

here are a few pics

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

and in overflow as well and its thick

DSC_0210.jpg

i have never had this problem before so i dont want to sound to dumb here but besides excess food and poop what can cause this. will a overdriven skimmer be one possible cause???

im buying a new skimmer from eileen today i put about 20 medium sized snails in the frag tank to help eat crap should i do a few water changes over next few days to keep vacumming it out

Normally adding more in tank flow takes care of it for the display tank. You may want to clean your powerheads. How do you aim your powerheads?

How many weeks was that?

i left on a wed. and came home following tuesday to that......

should have two returnsrunning back into tank left to right on back wall, have one koralia 2 pointing straight across at floor of tank and on other side i have a number 2 points at floor back wall at front wall and #3 shooting water back across tank....

i may need more flow, the return flow from the pump is real low ( its a lil stretch for that mag 12 to run the DT and frag from location of my sump

Back