Jestersix

What wrong?

Any idea on what wrong with my jb? It look like something grind on the outer edge. Both jawbreakers has the same issue. The bigger one is about 3” plus when happy. I just got it for about a week then notice this issue today.
B4D60663-70DE-41B1-9252-6D73AC5E8154.jpeg

Attachments

• FE26BDD0-E48B-42B0-9BEF-ECAEDB6478B8.jpeg
    FE26BDD0-E48B-42B0-9BEF-ECAEDB6478B8.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 181
Could possibly be nutrient shock as well. I know most mushroom grow out systems run damn high nutrients as they seem to explode in those conditions.

Also agree in the difference of nutrients. Ask the original owner for his water parameters? Hopefully that helps.

Less light wont kill them but will make them shrink if too low. Thats when you start placing it higher. Too much light at once can kill them. I always put my mushrooms in low light and increase over time when acclimating.

Watch out for crabs cleaning that mushroom as well... once they start decaying, the cuc pounce on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light good for sps is too strong for shrooms unless the shrooms are at bottom.

More than 150 PAR and you'd be roasting the shrooms unless they're acclimated

This is why I like a deeper tank (top to bottom) if you want a mixed reef. Or wait until your SPS have grown out a bit and you have shading lower in the tank.

That said, if you take the time to acclimate, you can freely fry your shrooms without remorse. I have my OGs in a box that's probably 10" - 12" from Radion XR30w Pros without issue. Bubbles are tighter though but colors are intense... the shrooms are tiny to control light exposure but if I wanted them to expand, I would just lower the shrooms towards bottom.

I have another dedicated shroom tank that runs a cheap 65W hipargero light... probably only at about 50 - 100PAR and everything does well in there... except for melt from excessive GHA when I ignore the tank as I often do

Back