Neptune Aquatics

What's up w/this rainbow monti

Ibn

Got this as a rainbow from Daniel and it looked exactly like one for awhile. Had an issue w/salinity and it bleached and receded quite a bit. It's been coming back for the past month or so, but the polyps have changed. They're now all orange and cover pretty much the entire base where you can't really see it any more. Anyone else ever seen this before?

D2X_0862.jpg

This sucker is actually brighter than the orenji danae...

Might take awhile, unless you're looking for a 4mm frag, haha.

This sucker is an uber slow grower. All that white around it is the disc that it was mounted on.

Yup, very intentionally :) I his defense they did grow out to be normal size frags :D

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=2626.msg27238#msg27238 date=1196139071]They're now all orange and cover pretty much the entire base where you can't really see it any more. Anyone else ever seen this before?[/quote]

I have a non-lineaged Rainbow that has big polyps like that.

New growth on Rainbows have orange polyps. The older growth turns green. So seems to make sense that it would go all orange after bleaching.

I have an orange cap frag that turned fluorescent pink orange. Brighter than setosa or Orenji. I fell asleep and had left it for 5 hours overnight on my kitchen table in 8oz cold tank water and .5ml Povidone. It's a way crazy looking cap now :D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2626.msg27309#msg27309 date=1196197390]
[quote author=Ibn link=topic=2626.msg27238#msg27238 date=1196139071]They're now all orange and cover pretty much the entire base where you can't really see it any more. Anyone else ever seen this before?[/quote]

I have a non-lineaged Rainbow that has big polyps like that.

New growth on Rainbows have orange polyps. The older growth turns green. So seems to make sense that it would go all orange after bleaching.

I have an orange cap frag that turned fluorescent pink orange. Brighter than setosa or Orenji. I fell asleep and had left it for 5 hours overnight on my kitchen table in 8oz cold tank water and .5ml Povidone. It's a way crazy looking cap now :D
[/quote]

I'm going to have to try that.. Where's my povidone!!! :)

Back