Reef nutrition

What's with the cold lately?

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
God god, mid/low 40s during the day? WTF, if I have to deal with those lows I better get snow or something nice rather than a gynormous bill from PG&E for my heater and my tank's heaters

Global warming...

Oops wrong forum, this is not the sump.

no :X ! I think my heater has been running for a week straight. + 1 Snow in the BAY :bigsmile: If it snowed here it would be grid-locked, no one knows how to drive as it is. But damn it would be funny to watch! :beer:

All I know is that the thermometer says 38* when I leave in the morning... x_x. Wakes me up I guess

Although it works for me since I keep my tank at 70F, I wouldn't mind get the temp above 55 because walking the dog at this kind of temp is pretty wretched.

Yep, hooded with 5 mil booties.

Putting the damn thing on is the most difficult thing to do, nekkid with a towel and the wind whipping takes a little motivation.

Sew yuorself up a mumu(sp?) with two towels. Prewarm that freezing cold suit with the old gallon jug of smoking hot water. Wait - I'm preaching to the choir here!

tuberider said:
Yep, hooded with 5 mil booties.

Putting the damn thing on is the most difficult thing to do, nekkid with a towel and the wind whipping takes a little motivation.

You using gloves too? I'm not a fan of them. It must be absolutely frigid outside for me to put them on. It's the air temperature that makes me cold and not the water. Last year my 4/3 Oneill Mutant kept me pretty warm but I leave the hood off and just use ear plugs.

I have a 5/4 Mutant but like you said it's difficult to put on. Last time I used it was in the summer 2 years ago when my 4/3 was getting repaired. :D

No gloves, I can't stand them, my hooded Xcel keeps me real warm, I rotate through a couple of suits so I'm usually putting on one that's pretty dry.

Back