Cali Kid Corals

Where do you guys go for salt?

Wonder how this will effect the price of salt since so many are made by them.....

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2009/02/02/daily48.html

For what it's worth, Spectrum owns Marinland who makes IO/RC and a whole slew of other brands.

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=6165.msg78407#msg78407 date=1233761499]
OT has seachem salt 160gal for $35

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/for/1018665657.html
[/quote]

That link is for tropical reef Perry. Chris at aquatic central sells them at 36 as well.

Always wonder (and was irritated) by stores who post what they got but you can't have it. Orchid Dottyback (0 available)... if there are none available why list it? And if you're editing the post, why not just remove it?

You want to get a group buy together go for it, however when 144 buckets of salt arrive on your door step and you have to store them and bring them to the swap... Me however I'll continue to buy from Chris :D

(ok I might have been exaggerating about the number of buckets you need to get any sort of discount:))

IIRC 36 RC buckets to a pallet. Pallet discount is not much at all though.

Yeah so dealing with the headaches of a group buy... or paying an extra few bucks for something that easily takes me a month or more to go through... hard choices hard choices :D

Although there's that one guy... Chicken(??) (Dragon Moray is is avatar :D) who I think orders by the pallet because he uses that much salt (900g system IIRC)

Down to 8 buckets left :( starting to look for a deal on another pallet of Reef Crystals. Between the PG&E bill and Salt this hobby is to damn expensive.

Any of you guys know if anyone has a good deal/pre-order on D&D salt? I thought I saw that one of our sponsors somewhere (Ocean Treasures?) was going to place a preorder...

[quote author=drdoolittle link=topic=6165.msg78415#msg78415 date=1233767832]
Dr foster had RC for 32$ last month. 18$ shipping for the entire order.
[/quote]

I bought some from the good doctors a few weeks ago, IO was $45 for a 5gal bucket (160 gallons worth) or $49 for the box (200 gallons worth, but no bucket for you!) The price has really jumped on this.

Just um... do less water changes? :p

V

I'm glad I only have 54gallons total between my tanks. I can still afford the high price of TMP. Cost me $14 in shipping from DFS for that and a couple other things (a bucket should last me 1/2 a year or so)

Back