Jestersix

Where to get crab trap?

I'm going crabbing on Sunday and need to pick up a trap. I live in SF. Anyone know a place in the city that I can purchase one? Preferably the right size for dungenous(sp?) crabs?

THanks!

I went there last week after doing some research. Very nice people. Got a trap for $30. Turns out the tide was too strong and we had to use fishing rods with those crab traps attached to the end of the line.

Where can you go crabbing without a boat? Im thinking about getting a crab trap myself. I used to go out to the pier in pacifica. That was 20 years ago. I had a couple crabs yesterday from the supermarket last night and was a little disappointed, not very meaty. Hopefully it will get better next month.

Tumbleweed said:
JAR said:
Any luck?
The crab is plentiful this year.
I heard about your trip out. Very Jelous

It was a good one!
Tough luck for me though. I can't go for the next 11 days.
I have to suffer in Kona for a family vacation.
Maybe I can find something fun to do there though. :D

JAR: Caught 20, but only 3 were big enough. Half of them were females that had HUGE egg sacs attached. We got out there at 5:30 and stayed until about 2:30. I can't wait to do it again.

bee505 said:
Where can you go crabbing without a boat?

+1 to this. I've got lots of free time next week, and a decade old crab trap in my garage so if the going's good anywhere (or even decent, doesn't have to be good), then any ideas?

Back