Neptune Aquatics

Where to get IC-GEL

I have 100 tubes at the house purchased for the club to sell to members. Other than that, I am not sure who has it. :D

You can find it online for about 9 bucks a tube.
Where are you? If we could meet up, you could buy some of the clubs for 5 bucks a tube. ;D

You can get Zap gel at NAA which is similar (pricewise and tube size wise) to what you can buy IC gel on-line. I did when I ran out but I don't like it as much.

Yanno, I used to love IC Gel, for it's ability to have the tube stay relatively usable for quite some time after opening, but lately it seems that it's not gone that way and that the tube clogs up on me shortly after first use, and I usually have to drill through it.

I love IC Gel

The tube plugged up, so as I was trying to ream out the old glue, I accidentally popped a hole from the crease on the tube. Whenever I need glue I just pop dried skinned over stuff and squish out some new glue. It skins over and the tube still half full.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=1608.msg14474#msg14474 date=1168389702]
You can get Zap gel at NAA which is similar (pricewise and tube size wise) to what you can buy IC gel on-line. I did when I ran out but I don't like it as much.
[/quote]

I tried this once and didn't really care for it. It didn't hold as fast or nicely as the IC GEL. Maybe it was just the way I glued the frag.

Nope that was my same experience. I also had way more clogging problems. If I can every get my workload under control maybe I can actually make another meeting and buy some more IC gel.

BOD's are we having IC GEL's for sale during the frag swap? Probably a good idea to sell those. I'm sure people could use good quality glue to glue his/her frag(s).

Yah, we pretty much always have them for sale at meetings.

Keep the tip dry so that it doesn't clog. I'm careful not to touch the tip to any wet frags. I wipe off the excess glue before putting the lid back on.

There was an accident at work with superglue... not the gel type. The guy was squeezing the clogged tube/bottle and it popped and he got glue in his eyes. Had to get taken to the hospital. He's was ok after a few days, I heard.

Back