Neptune Aquatics

Which corals would you never (again) put into your tank?

How bad are the palythoa grandis?
Are they as bad as captain jerks?

I picked up a frag last week and I'm wondering if I should be concerned over them or not?
I am not keeping any paly's or zoas in my new systems because we have a small child in the house and I don't want to play that game of are they or aren't they the toxic ones.

Depending on the system, I might consider any monti, soft coral, birdsnest, stylo, or anything else that can spawn unwantedly or be difficult to remove/kill in the tank.

Mine are cloves, and xenia. Never again, not even once. Pretty much everything else can be "fixed" by smearing epoxy and letting it cure over the coral, killing it.

That’s because we do this too much
When Ace Ventura gets in a fish tank | Ace Ventura: Pet Detective | Binge  Comedy
When Ace Ventura gets in a fish tank | Ace Ventura: Pet Detective | Binge  Comedy

Visually analyzed image

This. Zoa gardens are bullshit. One will eventually overtake the others
This is my experience so far as well.

But zoas don’t seem to irritate or harm the non-zoa corals nearby? I have some touching various things and don’t seem to kill or do any damage.

Galaxea!

LOVED it by day:
View attachment 54301

Killed so many corals by night with sweeper tentacles before I knew it was him:
(not my photos)
View attachment 54302

To minimize its deadly tentacles effect, I put it under the circulation pump where the flow is upward; therefore, all the tentacles flow upward as well.

Xenia is my headache. I try to grow/content them in the sump right now but they still pop up in the rocks in DT. I have to wait for them to grow then rip/pull them out with tweezer.

Back