got ethical husbandry?

Which pollutes more, flakes or frozen food?

The 120g has an autofeeder which has flake formula and pellets not any much more different from my 58g which feed manually on dry food and the 58g has regular hair algae issues.

I probably over feed for every tank including the one at work, they all have algae issues of some sort.

It hasn't made any more of difference to any of the tanks as far as algae issues for me anyway.

Without doing the tests, its hard to tell. Traditionally, flake food has been thought to raise phosphates a bunch. We did some tests at the aquarium with frozen mysids, and the upshot is, rinse the crap out of your frozen food.

Yeah, I recall Calfo mentioning that the "gunk" in frozen foods is (quoting him) "rocket fuel for algae", I did use to rinse it fairly well, drain it then flop globules of mysis in the tank. But I've held back on using frozen food for fish food for a while due to cost, however it seems the reduction in feeding from daily to every 2 to 3 days hasn't seem to really put a dent in the algae growth and probably is upsetting my chromis to the point of starvation, the tangs do fine however.

Back