High Tide Aquatics

Who is going to be the first?

I love my D80!! I don't care too much for FX at the moment, I am too invested in DX lenses right now to do the switch. Plus I like taking pictures with a really small SLR =) I feel badass.

Same size as the D200, which is just a smidge larger than the d80. Uber ISO performance.

...and you can still use all your lenses on it! It recognizes both DX and FX lenses.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=4018.msg47860#msg47860 date=1214951853]
Same size as the D200, which is just a smidge larger than the d80. Uber ISO performance.

...and you can still use all your lenses on it! It recognizes both DX and FX lenses.
[/quote]

Isn't it also much heavier though? Also, since almost all my lenses are DX, and they do work with FX, it's kind of a waste if I never use the FX abilities (other than ISO)?

I dunno, at this point I'd rather opt for the D300.

Not much difference in size between the d80 vs. the d300 or the d700 looking at the specs. You will notice the weight difference though. Between the d80 and the d300, the weight difference is about 50% more. Between the d300 vs. the d700, the d700 is heavier by another 150g.

I don't see the issue of not being able to use the FX abilities on the camera. It's more along the lines of more flexibility in the even that you do decide to go w/FX lenses.

I actually want to see Canon come out w/something new to compete with these suckers so that it drives down the prices for these bodies.

The D700 is in direct competition with the Canon 5D, but with way better specs.

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=4018.msg48544#msg48544 date=1215560351]
I vote for Ian!!! That d200 should be worth at least $500 oh Okay 550 with the battery grip :) .. I can pay cash or paypal.. :)
[/quote]

I give Ian $600 and my D80 body for the D200 :D

I'd be happy with a decent point and shoot :) I'll actually be posting some update pics soon. I still don't have a DSLR but my point and shoot has a so/so macro feature.

So of the best reef pictures I've seen where done on PnS's :D

My uncle can wipe his ass with anything i can do on any fancy camera, and he professionally uses an old medium format manual camera. I don't know what it is, but the viewport is on the top (looks down) and produces square negatives.

The photographer makes good photos, not the camera :-D

[quote author=corals b 4 bills link=topic=4018.msg48557#msg48557 date=1215562626]
Might be a mamiya or a hasselblad, sweet cameras my brother shot with those.
[/quote]

Droool.....Hasselblad anything :D

hassy's are nice. you can find them fairly cheap without the back (which makes the camera though). A new one with a digital back stretches the $35,000 mark. Doesn't include a lens =)

Back