Jestersix

Will's 300g Re-Do

Yeah but why it got to that level is beyond me. For me it makes stock fluctuations based on speculation and panic of buyers seem sane compared to this.

Lots of underground stuff on this reason why it sky rocketed.

Dirty money. Walking across boarders with 100k-1million without setting off the authorities and reporting is my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How long did you have lineatus and rhomboid before their passing?
They both jumped....and yes I have my tank covered. Just need to be more careful when I slide the the screen covers around. I probably had them 6-9 mos. And i still have my Linneatus...I meant to say Laboutei.

I received my ICP-OES test results back. Of the major elements, only Flourine was low. And, Iodine was the only trace element that was low. We'll see if Red Sea Colors dosing can fix some of this. NO3, PO4, Alk, Ca, were similar to my test kit readings.

Interestingly, Aluminum is almost 0.1ppm...ouch! This could be from a couple of small magnets that were in the tank that I pulled out a couple weeks ago. I know that some of the salt mixes have had aluminum in the past. Does anyone know if Fritz RPM has any aluminum in it?

Last edited:
Do you have any marine pure? I have aluminum is 0.10 and natural sea water is 0.08. I don't think it's that bad actually.

I received my ICP-OES test results back. Of the major elements, only Flourine was low. And, Iodine was the only trace element that was low. We'll see if Red Sea Colors dosing can fix some of this. NO3, PO4, Alk, Ca, were similar to my test kit readings.

Interestingly, Aluminum is almost 0.1ppm...ouch! This could be from a couple of small magnets that were in the tank that I pulled out a couple weeks ago. I know that some of the salt mixes have had aluminum in the past. Does anyone know if Fritz RPM has any aluminum in it?
I don’t think magnets have aluminum in them.

Do you have any marine pure? I have aluminum is 0.10 and natural sea water is 0.08. I don't think it's that bad actually.

Ahh....good point. Forgot that I have those in my tank. I suppose its possible that they are leaching aluminum...but since they're made from aluminum oxide, probably won't leach.

It’s well-known that tanks with MarinePure often also show elevated levels of Aluminum on ICP testing. The significance of this is unknown and hotly disputed. If you want to see a lot of arguing, google it.

My take-away is that it is most likely detecting non-reactive forms of bound aluminum, with little if any of the reactive forms that can be toxic. Since the ICP technique breaks down everything to component atoms, you can’t tell what form they were in in your tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I would not worry so much about your Aluminum.

Those tests have significant error, and funny ... they do not state what it is at all, let alone per element.
Range I have read can be 1% to 20% depending on element and equipment.

Seeing that my Arsenic was NEGATIVE 0.1, there is clearly substantial error.

So basically : your 0.1 is pretty close to normal sea water, and may or may not be within the error range.
So no worries.

It’s well-known that tanks with MarinePure often also show elevated levels of Aluminum on ICP testing. The significance of this is unknown and hotly disputed. If you want to see a lot of arguing, google it.

My take-away is that it is most likely detecting non-reactive forms of bound aluminum, with little if any of the reactive forms that can be toxic. Since the ICP technique breaks down everything to component atoms, you can’t tell what form they were in in your tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Sure, but it's presumably a soluble ion if it is in the water sample. Al2O3...not very soluble.

I went and pulled the trigger on a smaller sized convict. I have him in QT right now and definitely has an appetite and he’s eating. He will go in my 300g once he gets past QT. I’ve been told that success rate isn’t high with this species due to appetite. So, I’ll keep my eye on him for awhile.

a52a1c00fc0903ee74b0e5dbc255b9b4.jpg

Added the Convict Tang to my DT and noticed that it looks like he's lost weight even thugh he's eating well. Will have to keep an eye on him.

I saw some talk of iron in previous pages. I was reading that iron is used up almost instantly, so Iron test kits will almost always read low to 0, unless you test right away (which really doesn't do anything anyway).

I started using Aquaforest Iron to try to get my chaeto to grow. It actually did OK but started to die off recently (algae in the tank is still fine, and po4 is still around). I'm crossing my fingers it'll work. I dose into my sump and turn off my return for 10 minutes.

Back