got ethical husbandry?

Xr30 help

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
So I sold my 1st gen xr30 and bought 2 3rd gen xr30pros for $150 each. One works amazing and is what is on my tank now. The other one not so much. When I plug it in it powers up and everything looks great. Fan kicks on and everything. The issue is none of the buttons work and I cant get reeflink to see it via usb. I've read on other forums about trying to do a hard reset on the light by pressing the buttons (didnt work) and I've also read someone having to disconnect the faulty buttons for reeflink to see it (also didnt work) Has anyone dealt with this before?

^As above. Ecosmart Live is famously flaky and inconsistent. I've found using USB works better, although sometimes I have to try it a couple times, reboot the browser once, and some other silliness. There's some sort of occasional conflict if you have a Reeflink connected to the account as well. For whatever reason when I set up my lights here, it would not connect by USB, it kept trying to connect via Reeflink (which was in another state). I'm sure I was doing something wrong, but I finally made a fresh account without the Reeflink, and it connected by USB immediately to that. May have had to use the downloaded version rather than web version.
Once you get in, disabling the buttons is an option. That was pretty common on the Gen2 lights because dust settling on the lights would trigger the buttons.

Back