Kessil

XXL750 and Garage Tanks

I imagine it sucks. I'm hoping this holds until I'm ready. What happened in your case?
The time the seem failed...
Was filling a 5-2-2 acrylic 150
I had made a poor attempt at sealing a poorly stored old tank
I did NOT test the seal outside beforehand
So at about 11:00 I throw a hose in....
An inch from full the bottom corner seem failed...abruptly!
WAH WOOSH into my new apartment!
And then out the door
Fortunately my apartment was located above the carport
It was August in Davis...I had the temporary hope that the remaining water would evaporate from the carpet
I was very wrong!
Every stain from every past pet reared its ugly
Needless to say, I enjoyed my new carpet during my time there

As a side story...
I had an acrylic 200 with seems that had gone white (failure was guaranteed, but when?)
I new it had to go.
I stopped cleaning the sides but kept it up and running with my purple tang
Then there was a fire caused by a skimmer pump.
Fortunately I got the fire out before the tank failed (it was engulfed in flames)
And before the fire department got there!
Ultimately the decision to pull the tank was forced!

Attachments

• F3A3399B-A49F-456B-BB29-665D973106CC.jpeg
    F3A3399B-A49F-456B-BB29-665D973106CC.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 42
If you're wanting to use the credit they offered, the Reefer-S series is an option. It's a sizeable step up in price, but they're euro braced on top and bottom, armored seams, and aluminum framed stand. I feel very confident with mine since it's such a large tank at 210 gallons. The Reefer S-850 would be comparable to the 750.

If you're wanting to use the credit they offered, the Reefer-S series is an option. It's a sizeable step up in price, but they're euro braced on top and bottom, armored seams, and aluminum framed stand. I feel very confident with mine since it's such a large tank at 210 gallons. The Reefer S-850 would be comparable to the 750.
Yeah I'm finding it hard to eat the $1,600 extra for the S-850 but I don't want to go through this again either.

Back