Neptune Aquatics

Yet another cube, small cube thing in progress.

Clock ticking... Figuring the CL final piping.

20180908_145904.jpg

Two dual membrane RODI units to filter ~200g of water; a temporary rig that can be moved, used a hand truck to be able lug it around.
Tank is full, no leaks.
Will add sand and then work some rock-scaping.

20180912_101836.jpg

I needed to fill the tank and an extra 50g so I took my brother’s unit which was mainly for drinking water, hooked some lines and voila!
Somehow I managed to break a tiny cable that connects to the TDS meter.

Hit a little hurdle today with the closed-loop; after bonding all sections, a leaked showed at the pump then another one from a true union ball valve. Went to Lowe’s since they had the same brand; they only had one and without both ends so I went to the next Lowe’s in SSF off of 101; nothing, only one 3/4”... drove to Lowe’s on El Camino Real in San Bruno; one but missing one end, I asked an employee and he checked stock; none left but San Francisco is supposed to have five in stock...
Had to work some magic and with a bit of luck, the leaks will be gone, have to check on that tomorrow.
The issue at the pump was a bushing that developed a small crack. The pump has 3/4” in/out volute but most of the plumbing I used is 1”, a check valve (to prevent any critters from swimming into the pump; yeah, I watched Finding Nemo and the part where he went into the filter and almost got ground, inspired me to do this) the check valve is 1” threaded so all I needed was a reducing bushing.
Tomorrow I might test the drain/return and set the ATO.

If anyone has a controller that will work for AI sol blue Mario could use one. Or if you know how to control them with the apex he has help him out!

Ten 20lb bags of sand later and one piece of rock, guess I can say we are officially back to the “light” side.
I feel is way harder to start again when you have a bit of knowledge than being completely new to saltwater aquariums being fish only, fowlr or reef systems.
Now, to thinker with the floating canopy idea.

If anyone has a controller that will work for AI sol blue Mario could use one. Or if you know how to control them with the apex he has help him out!

Thanks a TON for the lights Mike !

I've read there's a way to control them with the Apex with their VDM module, so google 'apex vdm ai sol' should be some older threads on how to do it if you want to go that route. But that's a $100 module, unless you can find something used (which knowing you... you can), unfortunately the controllers the actual lights have long been discontinued, so again you'll need to find a used one somewhere which might be a bit more difficult as it's specific to the lights.

Back