got ethical husbandry?

Zoas and aerosols

I know zoas can be potentially toxic if you touch them without gloves and then touch eye or face. But aerosols-that's interesting-if true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the family scrubbed the zoa's of their rocks. The article says they "scrubbed their coral tank".. not very clear. Were they cleaning the tank, around the corals, or the corals itself? Either way, when I start getting zoas, I'll put them on a rock and leave them be. I'll probably never try to frag them lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Most definitely do not copy me, but I rarely wear gloves when I frag Zoas. Granted, it's not that often, not that large of a quantity, and I always use a razor blade. NEVER frag Zoas with a band saw, because they will be aerosolized, and never boil rocks with Zoas, because I believe the toxin can become aerosolized through steam

I frag zoas with blade all the time. Haven’t experienced any side effect. But I do use gloves, so I won’t get glue in my hand as Well.

Lawrence told me about this AFTER I fragged a zoa barehanded.

And just now said "my mom can use this for her next book." His mom writes murder mystery novels for a living.

Most definitely do not copy me, but I rarely wear gloves when I frag Zoas. Granted, it's not that often, not that large of a quantity, and I always use a razor blade. NEVER frag Zoas with a band saw, because they will be aerosolized, and never boil rocks with Zoas, because I believe the toxin can become aerosolized through steam
Make sure you have no cuts on your hands, but gloves are really a good idea.

Back