Reef nutrition

09/10 Member only frag swap

Attending?

• Total voters
First swap I’ve been into. Was a great success, got a chance to meet fellow Reefers in the group, got a few beautiful corals and equipments.
Thank you for inviting me to this successful event

Attachments

• A92351BE-E10B-4D02-9CA4-410BE167E6AD.jpeg
    A92351BE-E10B-4D02-9CA4-410BE167E6AD.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 85
My 9yr old son had me pick up the large live rock with a coral attached on my first turn picking in the donation room. Thanks to whoever advised cutting off the coral with scissors and just dipping that. My son had a blast smashing up the rock and picking through all the brittle stars, worms, and some sort of unidentifed slug thing that were hitchhiking on the rock. Definitely an eye opening experience discovering all the potentially hidden tank inhabitants.

My 9yr old son had me pick up the large live rock with a coral attached on my first turn picking in the donation room. Thanks to whoever advised cutting off the coral with scissors and just dipping that. My son had a blast smashing up the rock and picking through all the brittle stars, worms, and some sort of unidentifed slug thing that were hitchhiking on the rock. Definitely an eye opening experience discovering all the potentially hidden tank inhabitants.
Look up stomatella snails! That 'slug' could be one of the best cleanup crew members for your tank. :)

Was it the large green sinularia? If so that was from my DT. I definitely have bristle worms but that should be the worst of it (oh and vermetid snails which I feel like there is no avoiding once the tank has been running long enough). I don't mind the bristle worms as they're extra cuc, just have to be cautious when you pick up things at the bottom of the tank with your bare hands. If I feel like I have too many at any point in time, I just siphon out what I can see. If the "slug" had a half shell that looks like just a cap on top then it's a stomatella and great cuc.

Back